PDA

View Full Version : Painful lump on scalp

Earthmum
04-11-17, 06:19
Guys in a bit of a panic yesterday i woke up with a small painful bump just under where my pony tail usually sits
Now logic would tell me that it's from tyeing my hair up to tight but I have never had a painful lump form after having my hair up most of my life,today is the second day still sore with a tiny bump, I've had a gum infection recently is there a connection ? I'm now scaring myself is this normal??*

Tags

Earthmum
04-11-17, 14:40
Anyone have any idea?

KK77
04-11-17, 15:07
If immune system is low you'll be more prone to infections, including lumps, bumps and swellings. Nothing serious and should go in few days.

NervUs
04-11-17, 15:31
Could it be a pimple?

I have had a lot of anxiety since March, and I am constantly getting pimple type things all over my scalp.

NO need to panic. JUst check back with them in a week and see if they are going down.

Earthmum
04-11-17, 17:43
Well I have had a tooth infection so may be my immune system is low:(
And doesn't feel like a pimple just a sore lump under my scalp quite painful....
Thank you for your replies x

NervUs
04-11-17, 18:09
Well I have had a tooth infection so may be my immune system is low:(
And doesn't feel like a pimple just a sore lump under my scalp quite painful....
Thank you for your replies x

I had some of those when I was in a deep HA spiral. They were under the skin. I first wondered if they were lymph nodes but they really felt like cystic acne to me (which is the kind of acne under the skin, without a head, and hurts like a B). They took a bit longer to go away than pimples on the surface, but I'll bet that kind of thing is all you have. Acne is a really common reaction to stress. Why on the scalp? I don't know lol.

Earthmum
04-11-17, 19:06
Aw thanks for your reply...you could be right coz this really hurts like a...
I have been under stress for 3 weeks with a very painful gum tooth infection which I have been dealing with naturally not even taking painkillers so I have put added stress onto my already tired mind 😔 so could be caused by stress...
I will wait it out for a bit I guess x

O_O
04-11-17, 21:24
I think it's probably a little cyst or pimple of a hair follicle. Super common.

Earthmum
06-11-17, 04:35
Thank you :) x