PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Handle Alcohol

beasty340
04-11-17, 13:30
Hey everyone, a little bit of a different post. Last night I went downtown with some friends and had a few drinks. In the span of 3 hours I had about 4 drinks, one liquor drink, one shot, and two beers. The problem that I seem to be having is that I was noticeably more drunk than I would have been about a year ago. I never felt sick or anything, but this morning I feel a little off but not hungover. In May I graduated college and started full time work, a lot of my friends did the same and moved away, so I haven't had a lot of opportunities to drink socially. I never really drink at home, not even a beer at night or something. I can probably count on one hand how many times I have drank in the past six months. I guess my only question is, is this normal? Of course I ran through google and a lot of people have had this happen, but then you have these people saying that it could be a liver issue or even liver cancer? I will admit the liver cancer thing took me by surprise, but even I thought that was way out there. I was never a heavy drinker in the past and would only ever drink socially with friends maybe every other weekend, and 9/10 it was always just some beer.

Fishmanpa
04-11-17, 15:48
If you're on meds, they can increase the effect of alcohol.

Positive thoughts

NervUs
04-11-17, 17:50
I actually think that is a TON of alcohol, and I would be feeling like hell the next day. I rarely drink, maybe a glass of wine rarely. THe times I've tried to have two glasses over an evening, I have felt defeated the next day with full blown hangover.

I really wouldn't be thinking liver cancer. If you don't drink a lot normally, then you have a lot, you are going to get drunk and feel bad the next day.

beasty340
04-11-17, 18:11
Yeah I thought the person who said liver cancer was way out of it lol. Immediately though, I thought that the colon cancer I'm worried about had spread to my liver... ridiculous I know. I'm not on any new medication. I've never had a really big tolerance to begin with, I guess I was just expecting to be able to drink a little more last night. I just thought it was weird that I was noticeabley more drunk than normal... but it makes sense considering I haven't been drinking at all.

Fishmanpa
04-11-17, 20:26
I'm not on any new medication.

New medication? Does that mean you're on meds now and haven't changed or added anything or that you're not on them at all. If you are, what do you take?

Positive thoughts

beasty340
04-11-17, 21:20
New medication? Does that mean you're on meds now and haven't changed or added anything or that you're not on them at all. If you are, what do you take?

Positive thoughts

Only Prevacid and a probiotic. Only thing that has changed is the probiotic. I take Ativan very rarely if I'm feeling panicky, but I haven't taken any in a couple weeks.

Fishmanpa
04-11-17, 21:25
Only Prevacid every day and a probiotic.

Ok Got ya... Well... that just means you're getting older. I rarely even have a beer anymore due to medication I take but prior to that I was just becoming a lightweight anyway ~lol~

Positive thoughts

beasty340
04-11-17, 21:28
Ok Got ya... Well... that just means you're getting older. I rarely even have a beer anymore due to medication I take but prior to that I was just becoming a lightweight anyway ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Yeah I was never a big drinker in the first place and it's been months since I've drank more than a beer, guess that little bit of tolerance I had is gone.