PDA

View Full Version : Xanax is rubbish...

Benjammin69
04-11-17, 14:01
So I just had my ‘trial run’ with Xanax and took the 0.25mg before I went to the barbers for my haircut - a normal anxiety provoking situation. I took it 30 mins before I went and honestly I sat there still in a massive panic / anxiety state - how is 0.25mg meant to help with a flight of it doesn’t even help with a hair cut.... any advise much appreciated? It hasn’t made me tired or anything it feels like I’ve taken nothing and they were Pfizer Xanax. Anyone help? I can take sedating meds no problems - in terms of benzos I’m fine on 10mg diazepam for work, driving etc

KK77
04-11-17, 14:10
I'm not sure why you only took 0.25mg. 10mg diaz would equal roughly 1mg of Xanax. Take 1mg and I'm sure you will feel difference.

swgrl09
04-11-17, 14:14
Because of it's addictive properties, doctors tend to start you at a low dose. I used to take 2 mg diazepam, which is almost nothing so I was told I could take two at one point. You could always ask your doctor if taking more is appropriate, but I'd ask them first.

Benjammin69
04-11-17, 14:32
I just called my private psych and he had said I can double up and even go upto 1mg if needed but to be careful not to over do it as it could lead to over sedation.

KK77
04-11-17, 14:34
I just called my private psych and he had said I can double up and even go upto 1mg if needed but to be careful not to over do it as it could lead to over sedation.

Your dose was too low. Xanax is actually far more powerful than diaz.

Benjammin69
04-11-17, 14:36
That’s why I kinda thought 0.25mg would do more than it did to be fair but never mind All trial and error. I will 0.50mg it for the airport

Benjammin69
07-11-17, 16:03
I feel like an idiot and would really appreciate some people’s views.... so I got a flight on Saturday and I’m stupidly building up anxiety about it. So I spoke to my psych and got given Xanax and Valium. My choice... I have used Valium many times but I do get breakthrough anxiety with it. I haven’t used Valium for about 2 weeks. I thought I would use the Xanax, so I used a small tablet 0.25mg on Saturday and it didn’t work. So I had therapy today and my therapist said look your anxiety has moved away from flying etc and on to tablets and what one to use and when to use. She said maybe stick with what you know will help and don’t take a risk with doubting the use of Xanax.... I feel like an idiot as I have anxiety over taking anxiety meds!! What a div! My issue is because my anxiety has been in check I don’t have any reason to take anything so can’t experiment fully with Xanax... any of your views much appreciated even if you are just calling me stupid lol

swgrl09
07-11-17, 17:44
Honestly she may have a point, but also may have inadvertently triggered you into an anxiety spiral. If it were me, I'd just take the xanax and get through the flight if it's just a one-time thing. I can understand where she's coming from but sometimes you just need to get through something.