PDA

View Full Version : Is it even worth worrying about this?

Panda22
04-11-17, 19:27
Sorry if this is a long read, but i really need some opinions on this..

For years i've worried 'what if i could go crazy?' It crosses my mind everyday, especially when i'm at busy places or new places. I'm terrified of losing control. I constantly check myself to see if i'm not doing, saying or thinking anything out of the ordinary. It's so tiring..

I'm always making sure i'm not doing anything weird and that my mind is still 'working' normally, and that i'm not starting to develop psychosis or schiz (even those words make me shiver) Everytime i feel panic i thought this would be the time that i lose it and go crazy, but it didn't happen and i would feel fine again when the panic was over..

For example today i slept too long and felt dizzy and not clear headed, i started to worry if today will be the day that i'll lose my mind forever.

I worry all the time about going crazy but it never ever happens, i've worried about this for 10 years and it never even got close to happening. I'm 28 and my psychologist says everything is fine, i'm healthy and it's just anxiety. I worry that there's a terrible mental illness being overlooked. But she says that i really won't go crazy and i have no reason to be worried at all. I don't want to go to a psychologist again because every single one has said i'm fine and it's anxiety..

How can i overcome this? I just want to know 100% sure that it's just anxiety/panic and i won't end up in a mental hospital for the rest of my life..

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Does anyone maybe have any reassurance or opinion on this please? it would mean a lot. I just want to get over it and stop worrying about this

swajj
05-11-17, 01:02
I have to say that I worried about that for a period of time when I had anxiety. I ended up asking my psychiatrist and he said that there was no chance that my HA was going to make me psychotic.

Panda22
05-11-17, 10:13
Yeah.. my psychologist said the same but my mind won't stop thinking about it, good to know you're not worried about it anymore and your anxiety is less

Panda22
06-11-17, 15:59
Anyone else been through something similar? :(

swgrl09
06-11-17, 16:58
The fact that you are worrying about it shows it is more likely to just be an anxiety disorder than any type of psychosis. They are very different and present extremely differently.