PDA

View Full Version : Not a problem, just here to help :)

whoevenami
05-11-17, 17:02
Hiya community! Not too far from a year ago, I posted on this site claiming I was having sincere problems with my identity, thinking I was a pedophile and so on... It was honestly the toughest point in my life so far and have never experienced anything like it, the input from all the different members on here was incredible and really helped me, it even pushed me to see a therapist and that was definitely the best decision I have ever made in a long time!!
A year on, I’m doing fantastic! I’m living life to its fullest and I sure am loving it. Regarding my post, I’m saying I’m here to help with anyone suffering from OCD issues, I have been diagnosed by a doctor, and can confirm I do have OCD, my therapist also went into huge detail about thought processes etc to do with the stigma, so I do have some good knowledge on it. I am not a doctor, nor am I a therapist, so I do encourage you to go to either of the two if you are seriously suffering, but in the mean time, please feel free to send me a message about what’s going on, I’m more than happy to help.
Best wishes all!

Juustopallo
05-11-17, 20:27
Did you have depersonalization alongside your obsessions? I feel like the obsession themes feel "possible" to be true because there is no feeling of stability of self/world because of dp/dr. I'm feeling a lot better than I used to though. Dp is still a pain in the ass.

whoevenami
05-11-17, 21:42
Please could you elaborate on ‘depersonalisation’? I think I have a gist of what you mean but if you could go a little more into detail I’d be able to answer your question :)

Juustopallo
05-11-17, 22:04
Depersonalization is a feeling that you yourself are not real or that the self is somehow distant. You feel spacey, lightheaded, disconnected from yourself and from your surroundings.

MyNameIsTerry
06-11-17, 02:38
I remember you from before. It's great to hear you have pursued help and got somuch better for all your hard work!!! :yesyes::yahoo:

What might be very helpful is talking about how you accessed this help. POCD is a very taboo theme due to the fears of how people will react to you. If other members can see how you approached discussing it with doctors & therapists, perhaps they will be encouraged to take that leap of faith themselves.

whoevenami
06-11-17, 07:20
Juustopallo
Hi thanks again for the response, yeah I think I did come across a bit depersonalisation, there were points that it didn’t feel real and that may well have contributed to the overall result of how I felt at the time. I think it’s quite common in OCD suffers, maybe moreso in others, but I do recall some depersonalisation from my experience.

---------- Post added at 07:20 ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 ----------

MyNameIsTerry
Nice to hear from you again! Major thanks to you my friend, couldn’t have gotten where I am today without your help as well as many other members. I’m planning on posting regarding POCD soon, people should be able to access my older posts so they’re more than welcome to check that and see if they can relate in a way. But yes I am going to do my best to encourage other members to try to open up to therapists/doctors. :)

GonerGirl101
20-05-18, 21:23
Hello someone on this thread please get in contact with me.