PDA

View Full Version : Very scared

Matthew1233
05-11-17, 18:30
I had a cold about two weeks ago. I think my lymp nodes are still swollen. Cluster of small mobile lumps. I have to feel around to find them (my mum and dad couldn't even find them, only seems to be me) Although I can't stop worrying. I woke up last night with a damp t-shirt but not drenched in sweat and my clothes and sheets were not soaked. I am now getting really scared. I am going to the doctors soon. Any reassurance?

ServerError
05-11-17, 19:08
You don't have a hard time finding swollen lymph nodes. I had a swollen one a couple of weeks ago when I had tonsilitis. There's no mistaking it. You also wouldn't feel a "cluster of small lumps".

What you're feeling is probably just normal tissue in the throat. I can feel a tonne of lumps and bumps if I press on the area.

Matthew1233
06-11-17, 19:09
You don't have a hard time finding swollen lymph nodes. I had a swollen one a couple of weeks ago when I had tonsilitis. There's no mistaking it. You also wouldn't feel a "cluster of small lumps".

What you're feeling is probably just normal tissue in the throat. I can feel a tonne of lumps and bumps if I press on the area.

I should note this was on the neck

Fishmanpa
06-11-17, 19:17
It doesn't matter. If you have to feel around for them, they're not swollen. Your use of the word "swollen" is a conscious or sub-concious way of validating your irrational fear.

Positive thoughts