PDA

View Full Version : Mouth dry? phlegm and thick saliva

Dayvid
05-11-17, 18:39
Hey guys,

I went out drinking last friday and the next morning my mouth was dry. I thought nothing of it - this happens. But it has lasted a week?!

I also have post-nasal drip and my saliva is quite thick. I've spat some out and there is some bits of green (sorry TMI)

This morning I woke up with one nostril blocked and now my nose is running and i still have phlegm.

Could this cause my dry mouth? When my mouth is closed it is fine and when I wake up the morning it isnt a problem either. It's when I'm talking it dries out really quick.

Today seems a little better all being well. But i get scare of oral thrush but my tongue hasnt got white patches and, like I said, it's fine when my mouth is closed.

Any advice? Could this just be a sinus/upper respiratory thing?

JoeCanuck
05-11-17, 22:11
Drink some water, sounds like you're a bit dehydrated.

Dayvid
06-11-17, 09:28
just to keep anyone updated who may be reading this with their own same worries.

Yesterday I started coming down with a cold. Subsequently my mouth hasn't been dry since this started. I don't know if the two are linked?

Also my lips are still dry at times - but not chapped. Just no moisture.

Would anyone say this is oral thrush? The only (mouth) symptom I have (had) was a dry mouth when talking - which didn't used to happen. I didn't wake up with a dry mouth and there's no white spots or redness?

Annaboodle
06-11-17, 15:47
Hi. Just sounds to me like you're a bit run down with a cold. I think everyone gets dry lips in the UK at this time of year with the weather. Just pick up a plain lip balm or vaseline does the same thing. Doesn't sound like oral thrush at all because of the lack of symptoms.