PDA

View Full Version : My rabies anxiety is crippling me

Ihatemybrain
05-11-17, 21:40
I've lurked for a long time. And idk where else to go, ik I'm being irrational. But, I woke up with three little scratches on my wrist eith what appears to be tiny bug bites? Idk....but here's where it has gotten bad, so wr have had bats in the past (havnt heard any of them in months) but I ended up finding what appears to be a bat dropping hanging from a spider web above a vent.

Seeing that has made my brain go into over drive and now I think that those little scratches and pin prick bites going down them was a rabid bat and or rabid bat scratching me. I literally can't stop crying or thinking about It.

To make matters even more irrational I've never seen a bat in the living area. Everyone is so fed up with me and I feel slight pains in my wrist and arm so I keep insisting that it might be rabies and might also be the end.

Ik a doc wouldn't even take cause for concern here. But I am :(

I'm sorry, it appears I've posted in the wrong sub forum.

Fishmanpa
07-11-17, 13:03
I'm sorry, it appears I've posted in the wrong sub forum.

Not really. It's just that this, as well as every other rabies fear thread, are pretty much the same. The difference here is you know you're being irrational. Are you doing anything to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Ihatemybrain
08-11-17, 10:31
I normally try to meditate and use breathing exercising but recently it's just not working. I've been feeling better...kinda...but everytime I calm down life starts feeling unreal and I think about how much I'm going to miss everything if I do have rabies.

I used to go to a therapist as I had this issue before but instead of rabies it was reality...existentialism and all that stuff. I got over it and i've been very happy for like 5 months. Therapy helped a lot but I've no way to go back atm.

But now I get a pins and needs feeling on my arm where at this point the "bites" and scratches have already healed. (On top of all this irrational stuff here's some more, ik that if they were legit they'd be infected and wouldn't be healed already. And I also know that any symptoms don't start this early)

I just can't shake it. No matter how much ik i don't have anything wrong. I legit can't help but obsess over all the scary what ifs. Like I'll be having a good time and I'll zone out and just imagine in great detail all the what ifs and its just too much

Thank you for your reply.

swgrl09
08-11-17, 13:14
Try to get out and distract yourself. I find when I get obsessive, sometimes getting out and doing something outside of my own head can help me see things more clearly.

Matthewray
13-11-17, 08:31
Accept the worst case scenario and analyze it. The good news is rabies is curable if you get it. Also, It's not so simple to get either. According to the Center for disease control and prevention "More than 90% of all animal cases reported annually to CDC now occur in wildlife". I live in a part of texas known for bats and we almost never hear about people getting rabies. It's just not common of a problem. What you have is a phobia. Luckily for you those are very treatable using the right therapy. I wish you luck my friend. I know in my heart you are safe, its just a matter of you realizing it.

golddustgirl1000
16-11-17, 23:44
I COMPLETELY GET You...

Here is the thing..FishmanPa is right.. I know cause he too has told me the same thing..

If you had rabies, you would be dead by now.. once symptoms show.. its 2-10 days.

But.... when your body manifests physical symptoms, it is very very very difficult to be "rational"especially if your personality is "emotion" and not "logic" based like myself...

When you are by yourself, alone.. or even hanging out with people, no matter how distracted you are, when you start to feel nauseas.. or pin pricks.. or whatever the "symtpoms" that you read you start to feel... your mind goes nuts.. and you start to think.. how much longer till I die... these people I'm with... I won't be with them much longer.. I'm going to leave my husband/wife... etc...etc.... It becomes a reality... and I GET IT, because this has happened to me not once, or twice, but three times to me this year! I KNOW its not true, I KNOW it's rare but when your body feels something.. its hard to "logically" think away...

I too thought a bat got into my room, bit me in my sleep and escaped... twice.. I thought this...but then when I saw my husband wasn't getting sick.. or having "symptoms" I started to get over it...

Let me tell you.. the more you feel stuff, the more you will feel. I can legit strike a fever now, and manifest nerve sensations, and feel dizzy, and nauseaous.... like.. for real.... but once I started to pull myself out... these slowly went away. But let me tell you.. what did happen to me, is last year, I full on plummeted myself into adrenal fatigue.. I could barely move, and felt like someone had injected white glue into me.. every day... So then of course I think I either have Leukemia, MS, or ALS... guess what, I got some bloodwork done, yeah.. it was a mess... but it was an adrenal mess. I changed my diet, started working out, started taking supplements and 3 weeks later it was gone.... but it all started cause of mass hysteria in my head all the time..

I can tell you, by changing my diet, working out, being healthy.. my anxiety levels and tendency to be anxious plummets.... try it.. and I mean REALLY try it.. not one day or two days..... give it a week or two.. Also, continue to tell people, the more you come out of the darkness, the more your exposed, the sooner you see that your being irrational... and if your friends make fun of you or judge you for it.. they arn't friends...

Everyone I know I tell my battle with anxiety too- they dont know it, but they are a great support system. What they battle with... I understand and help support them with too, that is true friendship.. yeah they might get sick of it.. but if they care.. they will help..

Anyway, hope something out of this helped.. I know I'm kind of rambling.. but bottom line, you can bring yourself out of it.

Also, if you have any faith in God, prayer for healing also works too.. the day after 3 people in my church prayed over me.. 6 weeks of rabies fears... GONE.