PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia Help!

person2456
05-11-17, 22:10
Hi i have emetophobia and im wondering about the norovirus.
I've had emetophobia for about 5 years now and it's taking over everything.
Anyway here's my issue can I get some insight?
My boyfriends mum was sick with it 5 days ago but he hasnt had it.
If i am around him or kiss him now could i get it as he could be a carrier?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Midnight-mouse
05-11-17, 22:16
I’m also an emetophobe but in my case it’s been all my life, I’ve been unfortunate enough to be around this virus but lucky enough to not contract it since my childhood. The last time it was in my household it was three days between my partner being exposed from his little brother and again three days before my Mum caught it. I really do think that if he was going to get it he would have by now, I wouldn’t consider him a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

person2456
05-11-17, 22:18
I’m also an emetophobe but in my case it’s been all my life, I’ve been unfortunate enough to be around this virus but lucky enough to not contract it since my childhood. The last time it was in my household it was three days between my partner being exposed from his little brother and again three days before my Mum caught it. I really do think that if he was going to get it he would have by now, I wouldn’t consider him a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's really helpful!! However what if he's a carrier?? That's what I'm worried about

Midnight-mouse
05-11-17, 22:26
That's really helpful!! However what if he's a carrier?? That's what I'm worried about

Personally after this long I would say no, remember that you would have to get infected bodily fluids (think excretion more than saliva unless he has vomited recently) in your mouth/mucus membranes to catch it. Which is highly unlikely as he himself is not unwell.

person2456
05-11-17, 22:30
Personally after this long I would say no, remember that you would have to get infected bodily fluids (think excretion more than saliva unless he has vomited recently) in your mouth/mucus membranes to catch it. Which is highly unlikely as he himself is not unwell.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks it's just as he lives at home with his sick mother that worried me

Midnight-mouse
05-11-17, 22:31
Thanks it's just as he lives at home with his sick mother that worried me

It would worry me too, I’ve been in that position before but I’ve never got ill from a person who wasn’t ill themselves.

person2456
05-11-17, 22:33
It would worry me too, I’ve been in that position before but I’ve never got ill from a person who wasn’t ill themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWow this feels so good to talk to someone who has the same issue as me. I actually thought I could've been the only one

Midnight-mouse
05-11-17, 22:36
Wow this feels so good to talk to someone who has the same issue as me. I actually thought I could've been the only one

I thought I was too for many years but I actually have two friends that I’ve made over the years that per-chance alone have the same phobia and one with anxiety and depression like myself. If you ever want to talk about things, of just talk I’m more than happy to pm you my name to add on Facebook to make chatting easier? If not feel free to message me any time on here, I usually check a couple times a day :)

person2456
05-11-17, 22:45
I thought I was too for many years but I actually have two friends that I’ve made over the years that per-chance alone have the same phobia and one with anxiety and depression like myself. If you ever want to talk about things, of just talk I’m more than happy to pm you my name to add on Facebook to make chatting easier? If not feel free to message me any time on here, I usually check a couple times a day :)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThank you so much!! And sure same with you :)

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHey I csnt send you a private message bit thanks for it!