PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares with Anxiety

pmm
06-11-17, 07:48
Hi everyone,

Along with my anxiety if've been having really weird dreams for the past 3 months that give me really hard times.
I don't have any idea if this is normal and it scares the hell out of me.

I've been dreaming of deceased people, which makes me really anxious and brings panic attacks.

The dreams first started once in a month, then once every two weeks, then once a week and I am now having them almost every other day. I can't bare the craziness this brings in my head. It makes me so scared, thinking that might be a sign, a bad sign for me.

I have no idea if I keep having those dreams because I am so scared of them. I try so bad not to have them and not to think about them, but instead I am having them more often.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of dreams so often and intensively?

I'd really appreciate if anyone joins this post and gives me some advice. I can't take it no more.

Thanks.

Chick100
06-11-17, 08:55
Dear Pmm.

Its probably the anxiety , lets face it when awake our minds can throw the most scary thoughts imaginable our way,which brings on panic attacks, so why should this not be the case when sleeping and we are powerless to try and rationalise them, for what they are. Exaggerated and surreal thoughts brought on by a tired sensitized body and mind.
It is awful to go through all this, but I am sure when you get a better handle on the anxiety and depression, the dreams will stop altogether. For now try and just accept them for what they are, just dreams which will stop eventually. ( Refer to self help for your nerves by Dr Claire Weekes.

I hope you feel a lot better soon xx :hugs: