PDA

View Full Version : Sore neck painful arms

bananarbabe
18-06-07, 13:38
I've been experiencing a sore neck, swollen lymph nodes, and painful arms the last few days. I'm not sure if its anxiety or not as I had a weird lab result a few weeks ago so this could be anxiety in my head. Any one have similar symptoms?

ItWillPass
18-06-07, 18:00
I have defn had similar symptoms. I am not sure that it is anxiety, but I bet it is allergy related, and those harmless symptoms are causing you to have anxiety. I get the same exact thing, and it is usually this time of year also. I recently learned that allergies can cause your lymph nodes to swell.

nicktaylor
18-06-07, 19:01
Hey,

I've got something similar. For the past few days I've had a really sore neck, and aching in the top of my back. Sometimes I'm getting twinges in my arms, and keep getting weird spots of pain on my chest. Most of it feels like muscle pain, but the chest pain sometimes feels like a bruise or a graze. Really weird.

Keep thinking I might go and see the GP, just in case I've got some weird infection, but I have to keep telling myself it's just anxiety and it'll go away. Hard to do when bits of you keep hurting!

Nick
x

dorabella
24-06-07, 22:07
I have a lot of the symptoms you guys are experiencing, and it sounds to me like fibromyalgia (I was diagnosed 8 years ago with this).

Fibro can cause pain and unnatural sensations in most of the major muscles - it is a heightened pain sensation in the soft tissue surrounding the muscles rather than the muscles themselves - but the aching and pain is the same.

Particularly during the kind of weather we're having in the UK at the moment - damp and muggy - fibro will flare up like rheumatism - my shoulders, lower back ribs and arms and wrists have been aching for the last two weeks.

As fibromyalgia is a common diagnosis in people suffering from anxiety and depression, it just goes to show that as with everything else, nerves are at the root of it.