PDA

View Full Version : Very anxious when traveling

twobox
06-11-17, 11:42
Hi
I am on a trip with my family and am very anxious and can't sleep. This seems to happen every time we travel. I feel frightened of the unknown and feel like I want to go home where it is safe. I take lexapro but it isn't helping this issue. I need some help and advice. I am very jittery and nervous. Thanks

venusbluejeans
06-11-17, 11:50
Find something you enjoy doing and do that to try to take your mind of the being anxious.

remember it is safe where you are, you are with your family and people you know...keep telling yourself that.

and remember, you won't be there forever, if you find something enjoyable out of the trip then it will seem to go so much faster

Juggar
07-11-17, 06:59
I am experiencing this but more locally, traveling an hour away alone can be quite jarring. When I had my friend with me, it helped a lot. It helped so much that I didn’t even feel anxious when I was traveling with friends.

Maybe tell your family how you feel, it really can help. Also bring some sleep aids and practice good sleep habits.

Chick100
07-11-17, 11:42
Hi
I am on a trip with my family and am very anxious and can't sleep. This seems to happen every time we travel. I feel frightened of the unknown and feel like I want to go home where it is safe. I take lexapro but it isn't helping this issue. I need some help and advice. I am very jittery and nervous. Thanks

I think any health worries/ problems seem worse when away from home, its quite normal, you are out of your comfort zone. But help is there if you need it no matter where you are.

Great suggestions from other comments, and yes, do tell your family that you are struggling. Keeping it all inside isnīt good. Hope you find something to enjoy xxx:)

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

PS. Just sleeping in a room you are unfamiliar with and not your own bed can be problematic for loads of people, you are not alone in that xx