PDA

View Full Version : Hotspot?

atl
06-11-17, 12:10
I have this one spot on my upper left leg that has been twitching constantly since last night...and still going at it this morning. It’s a pretty subtle and small twitch, I can’t usually feel it but I can see it if I look hard enough. It’s been twitching nonoatp.

Is this what they call a “hotspot?” I’ve had something like it before on my right foot but I don’t remember it being this constant and consistent. More intermittent. It has me pretty anxious this morning. It literally twitches every second without any breaks.

Thanks,
ATL

nivekc251
06-11-17, 15:54
It's a hot spot. They are so annoying and the more anxious you get, the else it gets. It will pass don't worry

atl
06-11-17, 16:36
Thanks for the response. It's just hard to believe that it goes and goes like that for hours upon hours, days upon days. Then I wonder where else I might have had them because I can't really feel it, but just happened to see it when I was getting into bed.

atl
07-11-17, 01:05
How long can hot spots go on for? It's been going on for 24 hours now, almost. Same spot on my leg, constantly.

nivekc251
07-11-17, 01:16
Days, weeks, months... Lol you never know they have a mind of their own. Mine seem to roller coaster start small intensify then gradually fade. Do t worry it will stop.

atl
07-11-17, 05:42
Wow. That’s a long time. Well mine is still going strong now a day later.

Also, it feels like my “ring” toe on my right foot now is stuck in a twitch. It’s like a cramp but not painful. It’s shufted to one side and feels somewhat tight. Is this normal?

I’m also having twitches in both calf’s right now. Not sure what’s wrong with my legs at the moment...

nivekc251
07-11-17, 15:33
Don't panic. Have you been to a doctor about it?. BFS has weird symptoms. Some days my calves look crazy other they are calm just a twitch here and there. Contact your PCP if you haven't and get some blood work done to check your electrolytes. Magnesium seems to help calm mine, but it may be a placebo because stress has a lot to do with my twitches. If I stretch my ring to on my right foot it spasms like crazy and does exactly what you're talking about it gets real tense. Try to relax and go about your day. Try to stay busy and not sit there and count twitches lol clean, cook , build, play ps4 ,etc...

atl
04-12-17, 04:58
Well for the past two days my right pinky has been twitching pretty much all the time. And it it feels weak though the strength tests I've done haven't shown any weakness that I can tell. I have not been sleeping especially well as of late, unfortunately.

The thing that worries me is that I've felt like my pinky finger has been weak before, along with my right ring finger. And now it's twitching. This stuff seems to come and go with me. Actually at various points I've felt like all the fingers on my right hand have been weak.

Maybe it's the sleeping thing.

nivekc251
04-12-17, 06:21
Lack of sleep and alcohol set mine off. New hot spots are scary it's hard to not freak out lol. I have one on the back of my right thigh. It has my leg feeling stiff. I been putting up Christmas decorations to help ignore it lol. Try to get enough sleep it helps.