PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

What1
06-11-17, 13:13
Hello! So, this happened last year but I'm still worried.
So, one day last year I noticed I have lost 3-5 kg. (Can't exactly remember how much) but at the time I just thought it was because I didn't eat lunch at school. I ate breakfast and dinner (at abt. 6 or 7PM) though. But recently, I found out that you can't really lose much weight if you don't eat. (By the way, I basically didn't eat school lunch for an entire school year). So, now I'm again really worried. Right now, I eat school lunch regularly, so it hasn't happened again.

Fishmanpa
06-11-17, 13:26
A reduction in caloric intake will result in weight loss (.) period.

Positive thoughts

Darksky
06-11-17, 13:37
I don't know where you read that but it's wrong.

If you don't eat the body goes into starvation mode and uses up its fat reserves to keep it going. So you lose weight, simple.

Skipping meals is a way of losing weight, ask any dieter. So if you want to keep your weight stable don't skip meals.

What1
06-11-17, 13:40
Thank you for answering. I just get really anxious when I find that something seems wrong.

funnygirl98
08-01-18, 21:24
You’re ok mate. I watched this programme on tv and apparently 80% of weight loss is from eating less. So if you’re not eating lunch or breakfast. That’s the reason.

ankietyjoe
08-01-18, 22:50
There's a myth that your metabolism slows down if you stop eating, and it's rubbish. Mammals are designed to go to fat burning when they don't have a source of food, and if there was a mythical 'shutdown' mode every time they didn't eat for a few hours they'd be extinct by now.

During a recent illness, I lost 12kg in about 10 days, because I barely ate anything.