PDA

View Full Version : Blood in urine but no infection

Michele1903
06-11-17, 13:18
Hi
Suffering from health anxiety but now fever pitch since doctor discovered blood in my urine with no infection. Tested again today abd still the same. Pelvic/vaginal exam seemed fine. BP also fine. Bloods done a couple of weeks ago showed slight inflammation, but nothing else. Bloods redone today. Oringinally went to do with feeling fullness under right rib, given Lansoprazole for gastritis. Then developed pain/twinges around right ovary area and low back pain. Feel like I have an infection, cold, burning feeling, but none there. Worried sick about what this may indicate!

O_O
06-11-17, 14:05
Sorry you're so anxious. Finding blood in your urine is always scary. Do you have any pain on urinating, or urinary urgency?

Obviously I don't know what this is, and you're doing the right thing by having the doctors investigate, but I will say that I used to get cystitis quite a bit and would have blood in my urine. But I always tested negative for infection too! There was just the blood to be found, plus extreme urinary discomfort and urgency.

Antibiotics worked for me, and also a natural supplement called D Mannose.

Of course this may not be what you have at all, but I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to have an infection but test negative. I hope you get your diagnosis soon and get the problem sorted out!

Linda76
06-11-17, 17:35
Hi All
This is my first time to post on this I too have microscopic blood in urine the last few months with no infection.
Had a abdominal ultrosound and all was clear waiting to see Uroiligist on the 20th of this month am terrified that I have bladder cancer as all sites list this as a symptom any advice please:blush:

Michele1903
06-11-17, 21:01
Exactly my worry! Getting referred to urologist in next couple of weeks but no idea how I'm going to cope until then. Anxiety really off the scale.
I did mention to the doc about cystits, as I've been prone to this in my younger days, but she didn't really comment!

AnxiousJamie
06-11-17, 23:45
I am currently going through this exact thing. It’s been going on at least 7 weeks now. I went to a urologist last week who wants to run further tests. He told me 80% of the time it’s something benign. The other 20% ranges from stones to the terrible. The terrible is really rare. Especially if you’re under 40 and female. I’m going next Monday for a CT and I’m petrified!! I also have urgency feeling. Like I need to go all the time, but somehow I can sleep all night with no issues. I am also so afraid he’ll tell me some horrible news.

Michele1903
07-11-17, 10:17
I'm worried as I have really odd back, pelvic and top of thigh pain (like it's bruised but nothing there!)

TBmummy
07-11-17, 12:31
I have had similar symptoms for the last 3 weeks (tummy ache, low back pain etc) I’ve had 3 urine sample but blood was only detected on the dipstick once and then it came back from the lab clear and the subsequent one has also been clear. Then I developed nausea, pain/discomfort below right riband an upset tummy. I went to the hospital last Friday who ran bloods checked urine again checked pancreas etc and everything is fine. He diagnosed gastroenteritis and mentioned IBS. I’ve not felt myself for 3 weeks so my anxiety is through the roof too! Just waiting for results on stool sample now! Swinging between normal and upset tummy all the time with cramping. Hugs...hope you get some answers soon x

Linda76
07-11-17, 13:41
I have blood in my urine 10 months now although it's only microscopic it's still there. Like yourselves my anxiety is through the roof, I have always suffered from health anxiety but lately can't cope at all. All I seem to get from the doc is not to worry easy for her to say. Just wondering with ultrasound being clear regarding kidneys and bladder, does anyone know if there was somthing major going on would ultrasound pick it up thanks.

daisyflower
07-11-17, 13:55
My doctor said to me that microscopic blood in urine means 'nothing.' It's normal for many people. I have it every time I do a test. So does my 3yo daughter, actually. It is what it is. If there was a problem, your wee would look like red or at least very pink.

Michele1903
07-11-17, 13:55
Did they find it routinely or were you having pain anywhere?

daisyflower
07-11-17, 14:00
Mine? Routinely. First found at my first ever urine sample aged 17.

I got kidney stones a couple of years ago, when I was 28. My wee went like red wine, it was pretty scary! Microscopic blood is nothing to worry about. Things like being mid cycle or having just been on your period can cause the pain you are talking about, even the blood.

Linda76
07-11-17, 14:31
Thanks for reply
No it was routine no pain or symptoms at all but have had 5 urine tests all sent to lab show's red cells the last sample showed both red and white but no infection.
Was sheduled for a ct on the 12th of Oct but they wouldn't do it as I was not in the permitted 1/12 days in my cycle.
Last two days am urinating frequently every 15 mins think it's my anxiety.
Did any of you ladies have pain or how was yours detected.

AnxiousJamie
08-11-17, 02:35
I was having urgency. Went for u/a and was found with 1 and then later 2+ blood. Still have urgency but no pain. Going for CT next Monday.

Mel_82
08-11-17, 10:51
I was literally in your shoes a few months ago. I went and was told I also had microscopic blood in my urine ... from there I had more urine tests, which had the same results.

So, I was sent for an ultra-sound on my bladder and kidneys which showed nothing abnormal except a cyst on my left ovary (which I’m told is not related to the blood in the urine).

Anyway, more waiting and anxiety and I got a call to see a Urologist and have a cystoscope (where they stick a camera up your urethra and take a look around). That was done and I got the results live as he was doing it - turns out my bladder is fine and so are all the organs attached. Blood in the urine is normal for many people.

I’m an ex-smoker, quit a year ago, so my mind went straight to bladder cancer and all those other terrible reasons why this was happening, but in reality the urologist himself told me that more cases than not this turns out to be nothing and it’s actially super common.

Hope this helps :)

molly15
11-04-20, 16:15
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this ?