PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics - Splitting Of Heart Valves

Jinkus
18-06-07, 15:04
Hi Guys N Gals,

I posted here yesterday witht the topic "Arm Pain / Rash Like Skin Pain" i have started this topic as it is linked to my previous topic but concerns a different query.

Following peoples advice i called the NHS Direct whom refered my to my local late night doctor surgery. When i went to the doctors he examined me and suggested that my Arm Pain could be down to a trapped/irritated nerve. Then he listened to my heart and said he thought one of my heart valves didnt sound as it should and suggested i went to the A&E department at my local hospital for a proper check over. This of course got my very anxious and i was in total fear that there was something wrong with my heart. I have suffered Ectopics for the last 3 years and he suggested that a problem witht he heart valve could explain the Ectopics as well.

On arriving at the A&E dept i had an ECG and bloods were taken. The doctor came and saw me and stated that my ECG was fine with normal sinus rythum and that the ECG was the same as my last ECG which was in may this year. He listened to my heart and said he could hear a splitting between two heart valves opening and closing. He stated that this was quite normal and that it was nothing for him or me to be concerned about. But he said to go to my GP and get some advice from him,,, so i went to my GP this morning who has listen to my heart and said he thinks it sounds fine,, the splitting between the valves is there but he said this is fine and nothing to be concerned about.

I wanted to know if anyone has been told simalar things or peoples advice as i am still worrued about it.

The doctor has also prescribed me 25mg Atenolol beta blockers to try and help with the ectopics. I also wanted peoples advice on these as im worried about taking them adter reading the possible side effects.

Sorry for the length of the topic but im very worried and concerned and this forum helps alot.

Thanks in advance

Sean

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

ItWillPass
18-06-07, 17:57
Hi Jinkus
I never had that, but I also have a benign heart condition. A few times I have been in the hospital with atrial fibrilation. Both times I was beside myself with anxiety. I basically stalked my cardiologist for awhile after. He told me that I was fine, and that it was nothing to worry about, but I just could not shut off the anxiety button. So, I know how that feels. I guess it just takes time for the anxiety to pass. I have never taken a beta blocker, but I know a lot of people do and are very happy with the results. How old are you?

Jinkus
18-06-07, 21:15
Hi

Im 23 yrs old

ItWillPass
18-06-07, 23:03
ok so you are still young. My Dad, who is 57 is on one, and says it is like a miracle drug. When I was having some heart issues (which I inherited from him) they talked about putting me on the medication, but because I am only 25, I did not want to have to take a pill everyday. So, I opted against it. But, I have defn heard of a lot of people being sucessful with it.