PDA

View Full Version : ''Wrapping myself in cotton wool''

vicky23
06-11-17, 13:37
Hi all,

So this is a bit weird but it's something I've been thinking about lately. I got ill at the weekend with some nasty flu like virus and only just starting to feel better now.
It's occuring to me that I have a habit of like the title says 'wrapping myself in cotton wool' like maybe taking care of myself too well. I worry a lot about my limitations and 'what if I'm doing too much and get ill because of it'. So as an example I am going back to work tomorrow and I'm worrying if I'll be ok or will I feel ill or the virus take hold again. Today I had to go to my Grandma's because her washer broke and I'm thinking 'arghh I wanted to just rest more today'
I hope I'm not the only one feeling like this?

Any experiences or advice is appreciated as always
XXX

swgrl09
06-11-17, 14:48
I can relate to this feeling. Sometimes I feel shaken up and almost like my confidence isn't there yet. I mean honestly you might still be tired from this bug and need some rest. But if you feel like you are getting better, sometimes taking it slowly helps to remind yourself that you can do it. It's easier said than done of course. So just do something small and then rest when you get home.

I think it's about finding the balance between taking care of ourselves and pushing ourselves. It's hard to do that sometimes.