PDA

View Full Version : Now a colon cancer fear :(

TBmummy
06-11-17, 15:17
Hi all...the last 3 weeks we have been plagued with illness in our house...sickness bugs, colds and now my youngest daughter has shingles!

I started 3 weeks ago with a low tummy ache and back ache (like period pains), then I had 7 days of dioreah and nausea which resolved last Friday (not 100% back to normal but not the watery nightmare I was having!!). I ended up in a&e Friday and they checked bloods (plus pancreas) and wee sample and All was fine. Doctor diagnosed gastroenteritis. They requested a stool sample which I dropped down this morning. A&e doc suggested I might have IBS.

However I’ve still got a nagging discomfort on my tight hand side under my rib cage and s bit if back ache. Like something is stuck under the rib. No blood or anything. Now I’m worried the nagging right hand side discomfort (not really pain) could be colon cancer :( I had my gallbladder/kidneys scanned 7 months ago!

Edit to add I’m 35 years old.

Capercrohnj
06-11-17, 16:06
Good thing is that you don't have any colon cancer red flags.

TBmummy
06-11-17, 16:41
But I am worried that I do :( the right sided pain under my ribs? The change in bm’s? Still not back to normal etc.

wilky44
06-11-17, 18:04
Might be chostocondritis. I have it under my right ribs.

Fishmanpa
06-11-17, 18:12
Good thing is that you don't have any colon cancer red flags.

But I am worried that I do :(

How can you be worried about something you don't have? :huh:

Positive thoughts

TBmummy
06-11-17, 18:31
How can you be worried about something you don't have? :huh:

Positive thoughts

I don’t know :weep:

TBmummy
08-11-17, 18:36
Still not feeling well but thankfully my stool sample was negative!!