PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid about HIV. Any help, people?

LordUsername
07-11-17, 13:14
- I haven't had vaginal nor anal nor oral sex, so far.

- I haven't used illegal drugs so I haven't used needles on myself, etc.

It's more unlikely than likely that I'm HIV positive BUT I'm paranoid that I am because:

- I had an operation on my throat (in 2008) to remove most of my parathyroid glands (because I was hyperpara (for short)). I'm now hypopara (for short).

- And I've had treatment in my mouth, on my teeth from 2008 onwards.

So is asking for a HIV test worth troubling a doctor about?

O_O
07-11-17, 13:17
I'm pretty sure it's impossible that you'd have HIV if you've never had sex.

Unless your parents have it.

LordUsername
07-11-17, 13:23
I'm pretty sure it's impossible that you'd have HIV if you've never had sex.

Unless your parents have it.

It's annoying me that I'm worried about a virus that I'm 99% likely NOT to have BUT because I've had medical instruments inserted into my body, I'm worried that I could've been infected with HIV by them not being new, etc.

Fishmanpa
07-11-17, 13:30
It's annoying me that I'm worried about a virus that I'm 99% likely NOT to have BUT because I've had medical instruments inserted into my body, I'm worried that I could've been infected with HIV by them not being new, etc.

You haven't engaged in any risky behavior. It's 100% you don't have HIV! You do realize that they sterilize medical instruments and understand what that entails right?

Positive thoughts

LordUsername
07-11-17, 13:40
You haven't engaged in any risky behavior. It's 100% you don't have HIV! You do realize that they sterilize medical instruments and understand what that entails right?

Positive thoughts

I haven't engaged in physical sexual behaviour with any adult, so far. I am a failed nymphomaniac, Fishy! lol

I know medical instruments are new and clean and sterilised - but my mind has been torturing me this morning (and now it's afternoon) that a doctor or dentist who treated me might have used unclean instruments from previous patients, etc.

99% sure I'm making much ado about nothing but my mind likes to find any negative possibilities.

Tinttu
07-11-17, 13:46
With all love, you're being a bit silly here. There is no way you could have HIV. No way at all.

LordUsername
07-11-17, 13:57
With all love, you're being a bit silly here. There is no way you could have HIV. No way at all.

I know I'm being silly. Hopefully, me typing about it live (as I have these thoughts) will deal with my doubts.

(Also, I used to watch Salatut Elämät. I mention that because you have a Finnish flag.)

Bigboyuk
07-11-17, 14:04
Hi Mate absolutely fine iam 99.99999999999% sure you aint got HIV :) medical equipment goes through a intense autoclave machine so no risk atall so no need to be worried or no need to see a dr ATB

Fishmanpa
07-11-17, 14:05
I know I'm being silly. Hopefully, me typing about it live (as I have these thoughts) will deal with my doubts.

Read back and it's painfully obvious. Also, look at some of the other rabies threads and ask yourself, "How would I respond to that person's fears and scenarios?"

Positive thoughts