PDA

View Full Version : Serious panic and want to help myself not google-need support please!

Annaki
07-11-17, 18:24
I've posted before but haven't gotten much in the way of replies. I'm kind of begging for help here. I have TERRIBLE health anxiety and it jumps from problem to problem (currently freaked out about brain tumor)...I'm having a panic attack now and my usual remedies aren't working. I need help. Part of the trigger for it all is that I'm traveling to a 3rd world country next week and am petrified of getting sick over there. I'm absolutely petrified. I did purchase medical evacuation insurance but still. Please help me, I really need some support and advise.

Fishmanpa
07-11-17, 18:31
I've replied to a couple of your threads. What does your therapist think? What exercises or methods you've been trying that can help ease your anxiety? Does she know you're posting on an anxiety forum for reassurance?

Positive thoughts

Annaki
07-11-17, 18:36
Fishman-I have an appointment with CBT therapist but there's such a long wait list - appointment is in January. I try breathing exercises, distractions, meditation (not very good at it), am on meds. I try to exercise at least 3 x weekly and eat reasonably healthy. Its just crippling. I'm ignoring my husband and kids and that makes me very sad.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

I also went through that website you have listed as well as the health anxiety workbook modules that are free online. I'm desperately trying not to google anything today. Its SO HARD.

Fishmanpa
07-11-17, 18:38
I wish there were some magic words but unfortunately there aren't :weep:

Why not look at all the fabulous things you'll see and experience on your trip? Where are you going?

Positive thoughts

Annaki
07-11-17, 18:47
India--petrified of getting sick and then stuck over there with their health care system

Fishmanpa
07-11-17, 18:56
India? Wow! What an awesome opportunity. Amazing food! From what I heard, just stick with bottled water and you'll be fine ;)

Positive thoughts