PDA

View Full Version : Good evening, I'm new.

Bearandbean
08-11-17, 19:46
Hi.

Been reading the forum for a few days and decided to join.

My anxiety story started with a pretty scary panic attack about a year ago on a packed train that was delayed on a track for what felt like 5 hours (but was actually 20 minutes). That then caused a fear of trains (which I'm slowly over coming with the help of a lovely therapist) and also kindly introduced me to general anxiety/health anxiety.

I have times where I feel 'me' again and life's great. I also have times when my anxiety anchor is weighing me down. I'm not sure yet on how I'll use this forum, but signing up feels like a good idea. I want to chat with like minded people and also share my experience and how I live with anxiety.

Thanks.

venusbluejeans
08-11-17, 19:56
Hiya Bearandbean and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bearandbean
08-11-17, 20:03
Thanks! Already been reading the articles and it feels so good to remind myself that I am most definitely not alone.

JamesG_UK
09-11-17, 14:08
Hey Bearandbean, welcome! I also suffer from anxiety and talking to people on NoMorePanic has really helped me. It's great that you've got a therapist who can help to guide you through this too, and it sounds like you're making good progress! :) Anxiety can really weigh us down and stop us living the life we want to live, and so many people on here are also going through this, so you've come to the right place! Talk soon, James.

Bearandbean
09-11-17, 19:27
Hi James, thanks for the warm welcome.

JabbyNettles
09-11-17, 19:34
Hi BearandBean

Just wanted to say Hi ��

The NMP site is great, it’s helped me in many way’s! I also suffer from anxiety & panic attacks �� Being here has made me realise that I’m not on my own.
Take care x

Bearandbean
09-11-17, 19:48
Thanks JabbyNettles! Yes always useful to remind yourself that you are not the only person that feels anxiety.

Chick100
10-11-17, 09:48
Hiya bearandbean and welcome.

I think you will get a lot out of this site, support and yes, the feeling of not being the only one in the world to suffer anxiety, is a help.

Maybe we will see you in the chatroom when you are able.

Hope you are having a " Normal " day xx