PDA

View Full Version : Woke up and couldn’t remember anything?

Jotia
09-11-17, 09:49
So last night I was trying to get to sleep, I think I had a bad dream of something because the next thing I remember is I was on my side instead of my back and I suddenly saw a image of snakes in my head. I freaked out and then realised I couldn’t remember what day or time it was. A few moments later I remembered and I checked the time and only half an hour had past since I got into bed. I was really freaked out I lost my memory’s is this normal ?

tan235
11-11-17, 04:17
Oh my lord, I've had this but way way worse, I had insomnia for about 20 seconds. I couldn't remember who I was, if I were a boy or a girl, whose house I was in - it was the weirdest thing I'd ever experienced, I think I woke up too fast or something, anyway that was 10 years ago.... I think it can kinda normal ha ha

MyNameIsTerry
11-11-17, 05:01
Waking within two hours of sleep fits into Hypnagogia so hallucinations are common and just how the brain works so nothing to be concerned about.

Since having anxiety I have often found waking from lucid dreams mean I'm in an anxious state and have similiar issues with wndering where I am or what day it is, etc. But I think it's just a matter of not expecting the mind to be 00% bang on when you wake from something, it takes time to "boot up" just as it does if someone elbows you awake from a deep sleep.

au Lait
11-11-17, 05:22
It’s happened to me as well. It’s pretty unsettling but definitely normal. It’s just that you’re still “half asleep” and it takes a few moments for the confusion to pass.

Lola-Lee
11-11-17, 06:18
That used to happen too me after a night out on the booze.

MyNameIsTerry
11-11-17, 06:52
That used to happen too me after a night out on the booze.

Well I couldn't possibly comment on waking up and turning over to find myself puzzled about the name of the person lying next to me :winks:

tan235
11-11-17, 06:54
I feel I've missed out on this My name is Terry, but I plan on making up for a misspent youth!!

MyNameIsTerry
12-11-17, 04:23
I feel I've missed out on this My name is Terry, but I plan on making up for a misspent youth!!

Go Tan!!! :yesyes:

Lola-Lee
13-11-17, 02:01
Go for it Tan,it may help take your mind off all the fears of what diseases you may think you have.:hugs: