PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lymph nodes

sarah9416
09-11-17, 11:12
Hi,

For the past month I have been feeling unwell with a constant nausea that is accompanied with weakness, fatigue, lightheadedness, weight loss and loss of apetite but also swollen lymph nodes on the left side of my neck. My doctor has prescribed me with Flagyl antibiotics as he thought it may have been due to an infection but so far the antibiotics have not shown any improvement in my symptoms. I have had these symptoms for a month now. After googling i am so scared I have lymphoma but i know that it is highly unlikely that i do as i am only 16. My parents and doctor don't seem to be worried at all about my symptoms and my mum just blames it on my anxiety.

Has anyone been through something similar? :weep:

bubx
09-11-17, 11:36
I don't have nausea but I do have a swollen node on the left side of my neck. Does yours move around?

sarah9416
09-11-17, 11:44
I don't have nausea but I do have a swollen node on the left side of my neck. Does yours move around?

Hi, yes it does move around a bit. How long have you had yours for?

bubx
09-11-17, 11:50
Like 3 months. It's stayed the same. I went to see 2 doctors and they say sometimes it just stays enlarged after a bad infection. I'm getting my blood test next week

DaveP12
09-11-17, 15:18
Hopefully more lymphoma fearers read this. Generally, a lymphnode in the neck or groin that you have to try to find is NOT a "swollen lymphnode." A lymphnode that protrudes as a a golf ball or bigger or looks like you have the mumps COULD be a cause for concern but is most likely infection. It's worth having examined by a doctor.

Fishmanpa
09-11-17, 15:20
Generally, a lymphnode in the neck or groin that you have to try to find is NOT a "swollen lymphnode." A lymphnode that protrudes as a a golf ball or bigger or looks like you have the mumps COULD be a cause for concern but is most likely infection. It's worth having examined by a doctor.

Exactly. As a H&N cancer survivor, I know nodes intimately and this is spot on.

Positive thoughts

PS... STOP POKING AND PRODDING!