PDA

View Full Version : Scared? Lymph Nodes? Please help

bubx
09-11-17, 11:34
Hello,
I am 17 and had a really bad cold in July / August this year and a larger node enlarged on the side of my neck followed by a tinier one, about the size of a small bead. They are moveable and not painful which is quite concerning :huh:. They haven't changed in size and I do play around with them sometimes. I have seen 2 doctors about it who said sometimes nodes stay enlarged for a while but I am still very anxious. I have been googling and Youtubing quite a lot about lymphoma and it's heightened my fears. Earlier this month I had an infection and the node under my jaw swelled up but it has been going down slightly. I noticed that I had lost recently 1-2kg, but is unsure of whether it is due to stress from this scare and exams or an underlying cause. Today I felt an itch on my face and think it has caused a rash after I scratched it. It starts itching every time I think about it. I am getting a blood test next week but feel so uncomfortable and scared. Do I have lymphoma?

Edit 1- I'm currently overseas and have caught some sort of a cold. The lymph nodes under my jaw on the left side of my neck swelled and hurts but the one on the neck doesn't. Before I left I did a blood test and all blood counts came back normal excepting my vitamin D which was a tad low. Further, I have noticed that when I tilt my chin up I feel some sort of a lump under the right side of my jaws. Could this just be my sinus or something more sinister. I want to enjoy my holidays but I have constant fears of lymphoma. I want to speak to my doctor when I get ba m but I've already been told that the 2 original nodes are fine. Should I ask about the one that recently appeared on the right side?

bubx
01-12-17, 00:03
Edit 2 - whag position should I be in to feel my nodes and how can I measure them?

nomorepanic
01-12-17, 00:08
Edit 2 - whag position should I be in to feel my nodes and how can I measure them?

Leave them alone - you will make things worse keeping podding and poking.