PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas or similar?

Justanutter
09-11-17, 12:08
For a while have been getting a 'wave' or burning tingly sensation that rises from abdomen up through chest and arms. Makes me feel like I am going to pass out but I go hot and then have to run to the loo. Had ECG at Drs, normal. Mentioned it at least on 3 visits, said anxiety (as usual). Been going on and off for about 12 months. It also happens on exertion like if I scrub a pan or got one the other day cleaning the cooker splash back (rubbing). I'm terrified it's my heart (especially because it came on during exertion). When I read about adrenaline rushes, sounds very similar but why would I get it on exertion?? I've been trying to clean this morning and it's happened several times already whereas I usually on get one episode a day at the moment.

I know I'm stressed as the last 6 months have been hard:
Lost job, toxic work environment
Elderly Mum ill and relies on me
Dog had pups and was extremely hard work
Just come back from 3 days looking after my SIL after an op
Worrying about getting another job and no motivation to look but need money but finding that very stressful because if the way I feel

I feel scared that I'm going to just keel over from a heart problem every day that is being put down to just anxiety.

Anyone suffered anything similar?

Ash J
09-11-17, 13:21
I do get rushes like you that feel like they start in the upper stomach into my chest, like an instant burst of panic that only last a second or two. Been getting them a lot lately as anxiety is much higher, I too have been told it's anxiety but think it's my heart (Had too many ECGs). You're certainly not alone with this.

Justanutter
09-11-17, 18:20
Thanks Ash. Wouldn't be a shame bothered about them if I didn't get them on a bit of exertion. Read all sorts about adrenaline conditions earlier and seems they all get put down to anxiety initially!