PDA

View Full Version : Two sorr spots on back

helenhoo
09-11-17, 12:53
I have noticed two sore spots on my back, without head. Worried.

Bigboyuk
09-11-17, 12:57
Oh gosh not again Helen I really now doubt you ever had CBT in the first place sorry, plus like some of the other members on here that know you I too know your history, but this is my very first and last post on this subject :doh:

Ellient
09-11-17, 13:44
Why are you worried? It's normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helenhoo
09-11-17, 15:01
because they are sore.

Gary A
09-11-17, 15:03
Spots?

What would your CBT tell you to do at this point? And don’t just say “apply logic”, specifically what would it tell you to do?

helenhoo
09-11-17, 19:20
Leave them, monitor them, don't google.

I know they're spots.

I'm also worrying about recurring eczema patch on arm.

Must. Fight

Ellient
09-11-17, 20:05

I know they're spots.

Must. Fight

Good good good, you don't really even need to monitor them, spots are normal in a couple days they will probably be gone.

Have you got cream for your eczema? I always find my skin gets so dry and itchy in winter.

helenhoo
09-11-17, 20:24
I do have cream and it clears the eczema up. is a recurring patch for last few months normal? It clears with the cream and looks just like discoid eczema photos.

Ellient
09-11-17, 20:37
I do have cream and it clears the eczema up. is a recurring patch for last few months normal? It clears with the cream and looks just like discoid eczema photos.

Yeah it's normal, I have the same sort of thing all up my arms, it's good that it clears with cream.

Try not think about it your skin will dry out change a lot now we are in colder weather(if you are from UK)

I use a spray on moisturiser from Nivea and that keeps my skin from drying out

Gary A
09-11-17, 21:00

I know they're spots.

Must. Fight

How about resisting the urge to get reassurance about them? No? That would probably be one of the first things you’re taught in CBT, and yet, here you are, trying to get reassurance about spots, eczema and fungal nail infections.

Would it be safe to assume that if you indeed did do CBT, you, at the very least, need to do some more?

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-17, 01:22
Give the benefit of the doubt. CBT did naff all for me for months of going and you will find a lot of anxiety/depression sufferers who say the same. It's not a magic bullet and short courses aren't much of CBT anyway.

So, sufferers are on their own a lot trying to impliment it to gain anything back. Whilst that's going on, it's futile to expect change.

swajj
10-11-17, 11:34
How about resisting the urge to get reassurance about them? No? That would probably be one of the first things you’re taught in CBT, and yet, here you are, trying to get reassurance about spots, eczema and fungal nail infections.

Would it be safe to assume that if you indeed did do CBT, you, at the very least, need to do some more?

Helen is only a mini hypochondriac. Maybe she only needed a mini course of CBT. :unsure:

helenhoo
16-11-17, 14:36
Hi again, im sure the spots were healing/going away but I scratched at one today and now worrying. It looks like it has dry skin on it.

Elen
16-11-17, 14:38
And what do you think you should do about the dry skin?

helenhoo
16-11-17, 15:13
what if scratching makes it bad/worse than it was.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

the smaller one of the two is disappearing quicker than the bigger one. Bigger was fading nicely too but now I'm worried I've made it worse by picking at it.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

and neither had the yellow heads just red spots.

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Ah man.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

quite a few on my back, look redder in real life. Mostly because I've just picked at them all. I have similar one on my cheek atm too.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

https://ibb.co/gf6znm

KK77
16-11-17, 15:19
Do you have any pets? Look like flea bites to me. Or bed bugs :ohmy:

helenhoo
16-11-17, 15:28
the furthest at top is simialr to the bottom left in how it looks and feels.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

im sure it faded when i pressed it now it doesnt

Elen
16-11-17, 15:37
Look and think about what you are doing here

This is falling back into your old patterns of behaviour

You have a spot, you picked it, yes that will stop it healing.
You have dry skin - put some cream on it

KK77
16-11-17, 15:50
This is falling back into your old patterns of behaviour

Aha. Like ignoring our posts :lac:

helenhoo
16-11-17, 15:54
I'm sure i checked and it was shrinking it but i worry picking will aggrevate something bad.

Gary A
16-11-17, 16:33
I'm sure i checked and it was shrinking it but i worry picking will aggrevate something bad.

Stop picking it then. :scared15:

helenhoo
16-11-17, 17:24
but I already have now.

pulisa
16-11-17, 17:55
And?

Gary A
16-11-17, 19:31
but I already have now.

I’m sorry but what the hell are you driving at here? It’s a spot, a poxy spot that literally every human being on the planet gets from time to time. You’ve picked it and it’s now dry because that’s what healing skin does.

Aren’t you tired of this? Aren’t you tired of making such drama out of literally every sniffle, blemish and cough? Aren’t you tired of posting such inane stuff here and being met with the same replies?

Get some CBT, only this time, really get it.

KK77
16-11-17, 20:44
Helen does tend to disappear at some convenient moments :lac:

helenhoo
16-11-17, 20:52
I've been out at family party.

i know logically its a spot.
ibe had family tell me I'm doing well and i dif mention CURRENT worries and said I'm far from recovery. BUT Conversation turned to a friend's friend who had a cancerous mole and then worry...

pulisa
16-11-17, 20:57
Shame that the conversation changed to cancerous moles at a family party when it is known that you have HA. Very inconsiderate and bound to be triggering...

helenhoo
16-11-17, 23:45
Gary - yes but its beem a week, it doesn't have a yellow head and won't pop.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

in magnified mirror definitely red.

Gary A
17-11-17, 00:18
It. Is. A. Spot!!

For the love of God stop this!