PDA

View Full Version : After many tests, why can't doctors find out what is wrong with me?

Wilburis
09-11-17, 15:57
Hi

Ive had many tests, brain and cervical spine MRI, colonoscopy, heart echo, heart MRI.

Why can doctors not find out what is wrong with me?

I truly cannot believe, let alone accept all my issues are anxiety.

Ive tried many medications but the side effects are too bad for me to stick with them.

I tried CBT, and this didn't work either.

I don't know where to go from here.

x

O_O
09-11-17, 16:03
What symptoms do you have?

fma11122345
09-11-17, 16:03
What exactly are your symptoms?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

ServerError
09-11-17, 16:23
Recovery from a genuine anxiety disorder is almost impossible without first accepting that anxiety is the issue - or at least part of the problem.

Tell us more about your symptoms and what the doctors are saying.

Wilburis
09-11-17, 16:38
Hi

Thank you.

I get headaches that last for weeks at a time, dizziness, both like spinning and rocking on a boat.

Chest feels tight, can't breathe, palpitations, nervous tummy, feeling faint and on the point of collapse.

Dry eyes, I can feel my eyeballs "click" when I blink, dry mouth.

Im agrophobic, no confidence, worry about everything.

These are just a few.....

xx

Fishmanpa
09-11-17, 16:40
You're posting in an anxiety forum so I have to think that deep down you know this is anxiety or have been told it is.

Take a look at this SYMPTOM list. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) You'll find everything you've listed there.

Positive thoughts

Wilburis
09-11-17, 16:42
Fishmanpa

:blush: Yup.

It's just so hard to accept.

:flowers:

ServerError
09-11-17, 17:01
That's absolutely classic anxiety. And as Fishmanpa says, you're using an anxiety forum, so I think there's some knowledge there and some degree of acceptance on your part already. You just don't even realise it.

What are the doctors telling you? Are they putting it down to anxiety?

Wilburis
09-11-17, 17:24
Hello

Yes, they put everything down to anxiety.

It does make me worry that they may actually miss something one day.

x :blush:

ServerError
09-11-17, 17:29
That's not how it works. Anxiety isn't simply something doctors say because they can't figure out what's wrong. It's a recognised diagnosis that, like any other, is based on symptoms, tests and evidence.

If something serious does become wrong one day, they will test you and diagnose you based on the evidence.

I'm not saying doctors never get things wrong. They're only human. You may occasionally be unlucky and end up with a doctor too willing to put something down to anxiety. But cases like this are rare and almost certainly won't happen to you.

Wilburis
09-11-17, 17:51
Thank you ServerError

Sometimes I just feel a bit ridiculed by doctors.

Also, I find it embarrassing to be told it's anxiety.

:flowers:

ServerError
09-11-17, 18:07
You have more power than you realise to decide how you react. You can choose not to be embarrassed if you really want to. Anxiety is, by some measures, the leading cause of visits to the doctor. It's so common, some doctors can be a bit jaded in treating it. But it's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Also, doctors aren't ridiculing you. They have so little time with patients, they may not always have the time to really sit down with you and talk it through, so they can seem as if they're being off-hand. But any decent doctor knows that anxiety is a genuine disorder that needs to be diagnosed and treated.

Wilburis
09-11-17, 21:23
Thank you again ServiceError

:flowers::flowers: