PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety back with a vengeance

billy1984
10-11-17, 13:07
Hi, So I’ve been suffering with health anxiety for 10 year now which has led me down many a dark path! I’ve been prescribed citalopram, fluoxetine and now I’m currently on sertraline. At the moment I have an obsession with a pain in the left side of my jaw which will not go away and is causing my anxiety to jump through the roof!! I’m always checking my mouth for lumps and stuff and I know it’s the anxiety causing this but I can’t stop myself from doing it and it is driving me insane. In the past I’ve had what felt like heart palpitations which have caused me to blackout I got that panicked, obsessions with having serious illness when I have a pain. I have managed to keep it under control with help from the medication but at the minute I just feel like I’m heading down that path again and I don’t know how to stop it.

Mav
10-11-17, 13:23
I had this for months and it randomly went away, pls dont worry. Pains come and go all the time! I mean I swear, I had it for months and it would hurt to touch ans move my head to the side and I was pretty sure I felt a lump too. But it's gone, it's completely gone now. Don't worry,!

swgrl09
10-11-17, 13:46
Do you clench your jaw often?

billy1984
10-11-17, 18:26
No I never really clench my jaw and this pain has only started over the last couple of days since I started taking sertraline(Zoloft)

swgrl09
10-11-17, 18:32
When I take lexapro, which is also an SSRI, I clench my jaw in my sleep and don't even notice. It makes one side of my jaw really sore.