PDA

View Full Version : persistent nausea

Elf20
10-11-17, 17:53
Hello,
I used to have an account here but I don't remember my username or password, and my email doesn't seem to be registered anymore, so I made a new one.
I thought I was fine, since I started therapy and got on antidepressants (10mg escitalopram), but since about a week ago I've been feeling worse again. I'm not severely depressed but I have a constant sense of uneasiness and a bad mood. I'm better when I distract myself from it.
But the worst thing about it is that I have nausea which sometimes fades, but it always returns. I'm starting to think that maybe I have a physical problem. But there's no pain, diarhoea or anything of this sort, and I've only vomited once, when preparing food that had a strong smell.
It's keeping me from eating well, and I'm worried I'll get even skinnier than I am already and it also worsens my mood...

Does anybody relate to that?
Thanks

Elf20
10-11-17, 18:09
Hmmm yes, it's probably this... I also get very vivid unpleasant dreams.
Do the antidepressants stop working?

DaveP12
10-11-17, 18:12
Hmmm yes, it's probably this... I also get very vivid unpleasant dreams.
Do the antidepressants stop working?

How long have you been on them? Any chance you need a higher dose?

Also, while antidepressants help, they don't completely block out emotion. You can still feel anxiety while on them, just like anybody else.

Elf20
10-11-17, 18:14
about 4 months. at first they made it worse, then i was finally fine, now i've started feeling down once again...

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

also i've tried otc medication for nausea but it doesn't do much

funnygirl98
02-12-17, 15:53
I can relate. For the past couple of months I’ve been having nausea on and off. It’s not nice. O have anxiety to and am on anti anxiety medication for it. I think the antidepressants could be the culprit of your nausea. What type of medication are you on?

daisyflower
04-12-17, 11:32
I did. Was awful. I started on CBD oil and honestly, it was gone after 24 hours.