PDA

View Full Version : ultrasound on swollen lymph nodes in armpit

palspals
11-11-17, 02:55
Hi there, I'd really appreciate anyone who could given insight on this.
Recently, I found multiple swollen axillary lymph nodes on my right side. Naturally, I was scared and it triggered my biggest fear of melanoma because I know 2 people whose first symptom was a swollen node in the armpit. Anyway, I had an ultrasound and indeed, many swollen nodes were found. Yet, there were 'non suspicious'. Okay. Good. I stopped worrying. But since then, more have emerged! And I have heard of horror stories where malignant nodes have been mistaken for reactive nodes when being evaluated by ultrasound. Do you think I should request a biopsy? Thanks so much.

Fishmanpa
11-11-17, 14:53
I have to assume that you poke and prod as you wouldn't have discovered what you believe are more swollen nodes. Poking and prodding will cause nodes to swell and prevent them from healing. Continued poking and prodding will cause a node to become shotty (permanently swollen).

Positive thoughts

stressedanxious
15-11-17, 01:36
Omg I’m scared of this too. I have a arm pit lymph in so scared its skin cancer

soanxious
20-11-17, 03:15
Omg I’m scared of this too. I have a arm pit lymph in so scared its skin cancer

You and me both, only i can feel a bunch of them in 1 armpit. So afraid they are related to the 2 moles on my left arm. Only thing going for me is the moles are 2-3 years old, havnt grown or changed in quit some time, and are maybe 50% the circumference of a pencil eraser

stressedanxious
22-11-17, 08:49
My moles are very small but I’m scAred cuz I don’t know how long I’ve had them