PDA

View Full Version : Sister has bruises appearing out of nowhere...

Caribou93
11-11-17, 03:38
I'm really worried about my older sister. She has bruises that are popping up left and right on her arms. She has a large one on her right arm, then more tiny ones started popping up throughout the day. And I'm scared she has leukemia now. She doesn't have any other symptoms...like no tiredness, muscle aches, etc. But, even she said she thinks something is wrong with her. I will state she has always bruised easily, but this seems like a bit much. I asked her how long this has been going on for, and she said awhile. Wouldn't leukemia present with other symptoms, especially the longer it goes on for? But, she's bruised easily for as long as I can remember...but I don't recall it happening this much. I'm so scared and worried, I almost started crying. :(

ServerError
11-11-17, 03:41
She bruises easily. That's got to be your starting point. Has she been doing anything physical? If she bruises as easily as you say, even something slightly physical could be the culprit.

au Lait
11-11-17, 05:34
I bruise really easily too. As in, you just have to look at me funny and I’ll bruise. Some people just bruise more easily than others. It’s not always a sign of underlying illness. I go through random phases where I have way more mysterious bruises than usual as well. If you bruise easily then you often don’t even notice when you’ve bumped into something hard enough to cause a bruise, simply because it doesn’t take much of a bump to do so.

It couldn’t hurt to get some lab work done if possible, just to ease her mind. If she’s already had labs done recently then I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.