PDA

View Full Version : positive support needed

peach
19-06-07, 17:15
hi guys,

its been a while since my last post, ive really been trying to be strong.
ive even felt like i was improving for a month of so there, was attending university every day, and moments of feeling sick were getting less, same with the dizziness..
till we moved house a month ago....after we moved,..my feet started hurting so bad i could hardly walk, and at the same time i have been getting pain in both my wrists and inside of thumbs,...got so bad i could hardly put any pressure on my thumbs at all...only been settling in the last two days, i also got chest conjestion for two weeks,,,,coughing badly...
finally got the guts to go to the doc today, terrified i got something bad, cause i just keep either getting sick or like now, with my body doing weird things...so scared its something really badly wrong with my immune system....but, my chest did heal, and i refused to take anything for it, just ot see if my body can heal itself....doc today said there was a small chance i might have rumatoid arthritus...she said shes not convinced this is the prob, and gave me anti inflammatories, and told me to go to a pediatrist..but now of course im freaking out...and feeling ill all over again now, and like panic attacks are coming on...
ive just been through so many probs in the last year and half...i cant cope anymore...im way too young to be having all these probs and becoming really depressed and tired of it all...i know i should be thankful, and im so sorry this post is so long. any help would be great...even just support.

neptuno
19-06-07, 19:28
Hello Peach !
Sounds like you're really run down. When we get low, we're susceptable to lots of coughs and colds, and this makes us even more tired and run down. Its a bit of a vicious circle. If you're feeling anxious and tense as well then its no wonder you're having panic attacks too.
Here's a tip for panic attacks that I've been sharing with anyone who'll listen because I find it really works for me. Its using EFT. This is what to do.......

Put your hands together as if praying
Bridge your hands so just the finger tips are touching
Gently tap finger tips together
Say to yourself " calm and relaxed, safe and secure"

It works by stimulating your accupressure points all in one go and fires positive suggestions to your brain. Try it - you can do it anywhere without drawing attention to yourself. Tackle things one at a time. You can get through this. We're all here to help you.
Be kind to yourself

peach
21-06-07, 13:06
hello neptuno,

thankyou so much for your advice...i have actually been trying your finger tapping suggestion a few times now....my nights are really hard at the moment....i wish i could strenghten my immune system some how.

i have xanax but am scared to take it for fear of what it will do to me...seems im stuck eh...lol...maybe ill cut up the tablets and take like half or quarter..so as not to make me too nervious ....

i hope things are well for you,

i certainly wouldnt wish this hell on anyone.

Dying_Swan
23-06-07, 11:19
Hey Peach.

Sorry to hear you're so down.

How are you getting on with the anti-inflammatories? Please try not to worry too much - doctors tend to rule out the most serious things first. There are loads and loads of treatments and drugs out there for Rheumatoid Arthritis, even if it does turn out to be that (which I very much doubt it will).

Try to trust your Immune System. It got you through the chest infection :)
I find that when I'm stressed and run down, I pick things up more easily.
Moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do, so it's no surprise your body is a bit fed up :) When I get like that, I take Vitamin C, Zinc and Echinacea drops, and that seems to give the immune system a boost :) I guess the most important things you can do are:

- Make sure you are eating a healthy, balanced diet
- Take some gentle exercise to help relieve stress
- Learn how to relax, properly!
- Ensure you are getting enough sleep.

Those things will give your immune system the best chance to get into gear :) xxx

peach
24-06-07, 12:49
hi dying swan,

thanks so much for your advice...my pain in my wrists has almost healed completely now...and i didnt take any of the anti inflamatories...again, i wanted to see if my body could do it, and it seems to have...my feet are better also, although, i still get pain after about an hour on them..so i am off to the pediatrist tomorrow.......im thinking and hoping you are right about the whole moving and stress thing...i have been under heaps of it.....
im trying to take better care of myself now, although the healthy eating still seems to be a difficult one for me,....lol....but im working onit.

thanks again...i dont think its arthritus anymore either, and have accepted that even if it was, then its ok.....

the enough sleep thing is tough too for the moment...but i will keep up with vitamins...
thanks again, just so great to have ppl here to connect with that understand how we feel living with anxiety.