PDA

View Full Version : Throat problems since i quit smoking

iamirish
11-11-17, 23:48
Hi, i am new here. I finally quit smoking eight weeks and two days ago (not that I am counting), after too many years of smoking. I am on the patch and i rely, when tempted, on vaping, not much, but it does get me over a really bad craving. OK, fast forward a week or two and all of a sudden i have intermittent sore throat, trouble swallowing, choking on food and a lump in my throat feeling. So off to an ENT...he puts the laryngoscopy down my nose to my throat. He gets finished and said that my voice box is a little inflamed and blamed it on not smoking and GERD. Because of my health anxiety I asked point blank if it looked like cancer and his answer was if i thought it looked suspicious i would have done a biopsy. ...and out the door he went.

So, of course i am not listening to what he said because all i fear is that i have cancer.

BTW stop smoking is really hard. i read enough (of course i did...LOL) to know that there are numerous withdrawal symptoms. The one symptom which scares the heck out of me is sometimes choking on food or feeling like something is in my throat. I know I can go to my GI doc and he would do an endoscopy, but then i am feeding into my fears....again. and yes i am on medication for anxiety.

I have had, for the past eight weeks, a very tight throat. I feel like i don't want to eat, but i do. i am just scared

Thoughts?

Fishmanpa
11-11-17, 23:53
Thoughts?

Congrats on quitting smoking! Best thing you could have done for your health! Keep up the good work!

As far as your concern? Congrats on great news from the doctor!

Positive thoughts