PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with constant anxiety again

Revolver
12-11-17, 13:41
Hi all

I am new to NMP and would like to seek mutual support from people suffering from similar difficulties

This is my fourth epeside of anxiety and depression, although anxiety seems to be the main problem at the moment, I have been struggling for the past 8 months...With a couple of stays in hospital, but still struggling daily with anxiety

It would be great to hear from others who are struggling with constant anxiety
I have a long family history of anxiety and depression, as my mum suffered, as did my dad

Unfortunately my dad lost his fight against the depression in 1993 and mum had two serious attempts to end her life

I feel so lost and feel my turn is now, as I struggle to keep positive and fight everyday

Sorry to burden others with my problems...I am hoping to generate mutual support and share experiences with others who can understand what this feels like

Thank You for bothering to read my post

cristine
13-11-17, 07:39
Hi Revovler,

I have been treated for anxiety and depression but not sure where it comes from I do understand how alone it can make you feel though ! :hugs: Nmp is brilliant in that you are no longer alone and there are all sorts of people with their experiences and often good advice :) I hope today is a better day for you ,keep going! little steps ....

Bittersweet05
13-11-17, 16:13
Hi revolver. Hang in there. It is very tiny baby steps. I have been dealing with constant anxiety for 5 years. No meds etc. Just going thru a heavy anxiety time. Cant concentrate on nothing but how i feel. Tried having a couple drinks. Relaxed me but didnt take it away. That doesn't work. I started reading the book the worry trick. I sure hope it helps. Your are not alone.

Revolver
16-11-17, 21:03
Thanks for your kind words and thoughts...Very much appreciated
I saw my Pdoc today and we are gonna try a different med approach, so fingers crossed it may help

I am awaiting CBT therapy, which takes time as there’s a waiting list in the UK
Very apprehensive about any med changes, they make me more anxious !!!!

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Hi revolver. Hang in there. It is very tiny baby steps. I have been dealing with constant anxiety for 5 years. No meds etc. Just going thru a heavy anxiety time. Cant concentrate on nothing but how i feel. Tried having a couple drinks. Relaxed me but didnt take it away. That doesn't work. I started reading the book the worry trick. I sure hope it helps. Your are not alone.

So sorry to hear of your 5yr fight and without meds, you must have strength and tenacity to resist any med options...Hope the “Worry Tricks” helps you Bittersweet