PDA

View Full Version : Daughter just showed me her eyes are different colours

Wilburis
12-11-17, 20:40
Hello

My 10 year old daughter has just showed me that her eyes are different colours.

One is hazel and one is more green.

Why does this always happen at the weekend?

I will call the opticians tomorrow but there is usually a few weeks wait for an appointment.

Can anyone help me with this one please?

Thank you x

Fishmanpa
12-11-17, 21:25
It's nothing to be concerned with. If that's really the case, she's special. I can't recall the name but it's a rare genetic thing. There are several celebrities that have this. The late David Bowie, Mila Kunis, Alice Eve and others. Pretty cool if you ask me :)

Positive thoughts

smoothie
12-11-17, 21:53
Heterochromia! Nothing but a rare but interesting trait. :winks:

vegetabletarian
12-11-17, 21:58
There is a condition called heterochromia which can cause different coloured eyes, but this is all it causes. No other issues etc. I would say for your own piece of mind best to go to see the optician and get a general check up as they are the experts. But in the absence of other symptoms I would say this is unlikely to be anything to worry about. But best to get checked out as I am not an expert in this. I agree with the above, it is quite a special and unique trait to have if it is heterochromia :)

Wilburis
12-11-17, 22:35
Thank you x

Hypomean
12-11-17, 22:45
My son has hazel eyes. They change from a gray to green. When he wears yellow they look really interesting... doctor saw him and said it’s part of hazel eyes that make them so unique and nothing to worry about. And sometimes my son does get one eye that tends to be a bit more darker.

Wilburis
13-11-17, 09:40
Thank you Hypomean

Ive just been looking through old photos from just over 2 years ago and she appears to have had it then too.

It's just no good when you have health anxiety.

xx

Wilburis
13-11-17, 16:52
Hi

Just got back from the opticians.

I took some photos I found and everything is normal she was born with it!

It's a very slight difference in colour, my daughter is 10 and always looking at herself in the mirror! :wacko:

Thank you again! x

CHELLEB1017
13-11-17, 17:15
I have a blue eye and a green eye! Always have!

Wilburis
13-11-17, 17:34
Ooooo, have you?

Apparently it's very rare to have 2 different colours.

xx

CHELLEB1017
13-11-17, 18:29
Yep always have! I attached a photo and it is kinda hard to see but my left eye is a green/hazel and my right is blue.

Wilburis
13-11-17, 20:19
WOW! You're gorgeous too!

And your hair - beautiful!

xx

CHELLEB1017
13-11-17, 20:41
Awww thank you sooooo much! I certainly don't feel pretty most the time but that was so nice of you!

Wilburis
14-11-17, 09:05
:flowers::flowers: