PDA

View Full Version : don't know how much more I can take!

KLK1107
19-06-07, 19:46
hi everyone! just wanted to vent a little so I apologize in advance if this is a long post... I am an emetophobe and I have panic disorder so everytime I feel sick BAM instant panic attack... so my fiance and I just found out a little over a week ago that we are pregnant so you can imagine how many panic attacks I have been having lately, waking up everyday with morning sickness (which by the way should be called all day sickness because I feel sick ALLLLLL day long)... anyways I just wanted to know has any other emetophobe been through pregnancy with bad nausea all the time? I can't even think about food without feeling sick, it's horrible! I don't know if it's mostly just panic or what, but it is absolutely horrible and I would do ANYTHING to not feel like this anymore! I am not allowed to take my xanax for my panic attacks, so they are 10 times worse then when i'm allowed to take meds... also I have phergan which was prescribed for the nausea I get with my migraines, but I was advised only to take this if I was really sick and I have only taken it once so far because I was feeling horrible... so if anyone can give me any advice at all to make this morning sickness better so I am not constantly panicking I would appreciate it! thank you!

Lindalou64
19-06-07, 20:27
the only thing i can think of as someone else posted the same thing is saltine crackers.and pepermint suppose to calm the stomache....wish ya the best......im sure it will led up......Linda xx

KLK1107
19-06-07, 20:32
thank you! I have been sucking on peppermints non stop haha... and as for the salitines, it seems that since I ate them once when I wasn't feeling well that now everytime I even think about eating them I feel nauseous... I keep reading that morning sickness peaks in the 9-10 week or gets worse then and I am hoping this isn't true considering I am in my 6th week and feel like crap... I just dont want this to get worse and I def. don't want to throw up!

franfhm
19-06-07, 21:30
Congratulations on the baby :) I read somewhere that bad sickness means that the baby is healthy, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in that!

I'm an emetophobe myself and would love to have kids but I really couldn't go through what you are, but I guess we learn to cope with these things.

My bf's sister used to eat ginger biscuits before she got out of bed in the morning which really helped. Ginger in general is supposed to be good so I've heard

belle
19-06-07, 22:22
Hi there...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I am emetophobic and didn't throw up once. I felt pretty crappy at times, but i always every morning drank loads of milk and made sure i ate before i got hungry.

Good luck :)

x

honeybee3939
19-06-07, 22:29
Many congratulations Hun !!

Just to add also have you thought about using one of those sickness bands thats worn around the wrist, im sure i have read somewhere they are good for morning sickness my be a good idea to ask your local chemist about them.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

KLK1107
19-06-07, 22:55
thank you all so much for the congrats and the advice! I have heard of ginger helping and I do wear the sea bands... all of this was helping just fine until today... maybe i'm just having a bad day, but today it just seems like NOTHING will get rid of this sick feeling and I can't stand it! my gyno put me on zofran for the nausea, but my insurance will only cover 8 pills a month and i'm supposed to take 2 at a time! it's CRAZY! if I want to pay out of pocket it's $14 a pill!!! my stepdad is a pharmacist so luckily he told me all of this before I began taking it... I took one and feel a little better, but still not back to normal... thank you all again though for your advice it helps a lot!