PDA

View Full Version : Celiacs Question

DaveCH
13-11-17, 10:49
Anyone here with celiacs. I was diagnisoed with biopsies and then had bloods taken. Iron stores low which i expected and liver enzymes very slightly raised. My doctor says this is to be expected with celiacs and i start gluten free today but the liver one worries me

DaveCH
13-11-17, 17:20
Anyone know anything about this ?

DaveP12
13-11-17, 17:25
"My doctor says this is to be expected with celiacs."

Who do you trust, your doctor or a bunch of amateur googlers on an anxiety website?

FamilyPicnic
13-11-17, 23:21
Hi Dave - I was diagnosed with celiac disease about 6 or so years ago. I wouldn't worry about your liver enzymes if they are only "very slightly raised." People often have blood work that is just a little over or under the reference range. Some doctors totally ignore these small differences and other like to retest in 3 months (or 1 or 6 or whatever). I almost always have something that is a little over or under and my doctor pretty much ignores it.

If you have found it yet, celiac dot com is a great web site with a very active forum. I would be willing to bet that someone there has also had similar blood results and they can give you some reassurance. With celiac, lots of things can get out of whack because your intestines aren't absorbing the nutrients as they should be.