PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure??

BumbleGirl
13-11-17, 10:59
Ahh someone please make me see sense.
I'm 35 weeks pregnant and due to my anxiety I keep using the home blood pressure monitor to take my BP at work.
I took it like 6 times and all was normal but then one of them came up as 255/108!!
I was moving a lot for that one so guessing it's that but it's made me really paranoid and anxious now xxx

Worrywart1234
13-11-17, 11:06
I’ve had high blood pressure for years and monitor it at home. You were moving around, and all the other readings were fine, so you’re fine. Worrying about it will also make the reading higher. Have a lie down for half an hour and take it again - I bet it’s fine :)

If it is high - just go to the doctor, they’ll increase your mess and you’ll still be fine :) for the last 6 weeks i’d Been too scared to check my blood pressure because i knew it was no good - I went to the doctor, she doubled the tablets I was on and I wish I had checked it properly and gone to the doctor a month sooner because I feel so much better! You don’t need to worry

BumbleGirl
13-11-17, 11:10
Thank you for replying.
I'm not on blood pressure meds as don't suffer high blood pressure. I'm just very paranoid about it hence the taking it all the time. I'm obsessed xxx

Worrywart1234
13-11-17, 11:14
In that case, maybe try and limit how often you take it? It’s that classic seeking reassurance behaviour that will never actually make you feel better. Maybe try some distraction techniques instead? Take care