PDA

View Full Version : ALS Rabbit Hole - Scared of twitches 😫

MoleHill
14-11-17, 02:28
I never really worried about ALS before.

Then I started twitching last week.

Now I’m in the rabbit hole of fear.

Can this twitchingvreally be stress? Now that I’m concentrating on it, it seems like I twitch all over all the time.

tan235
14-11-17, 04:11
OH no is it ALS worry month?? I've had this fear for 6 months now - I have had a twitching eye for 4 months and now my other eye is twitching now, and just over the last couple of weeks my mouth has started twitching!
If I whistle or purse my lips they will twitch, if i blow air into my cheeks and close my mouth, my lips will twitch and my cheeks! My legs are twitching, my back, my arms, the arches of my feet have calmed down, I even tripped up my own foot today and suddentl worried about foot drop.... we are over reacting!!!!!! but .... if you whistle do you twitch! ;) ha hah or half smile or blow air into your cheeks!??? it's a hard hole to get out of so don't go there! ;)

---------- Post added at 04:10 ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 ----------

plus I have internal tremors or can feel as though I'm shaking internally!

---------- Post added at 04:11 ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 ----------

so ............. do you feel better???

Dave_Lister
14-11-17, 17:01
Twitching without showing signs of clinical weakness(ie: not being able to lift a hair dryer, or coffee mug) is not a sign of ALS.

Twitching is however a sign of anxiety, and I for one get twitches a lot, and have had them for quite some time.

You DO NOT have ALS!:yesyes:

Elen
14-11-17, 17:04
Just go and do a search on the forum and you will see how common this fear is

Fishmanpa
14-11-17, 17:09
PLEASE READ THIS! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071)

Positive thoughts

MoleHill
14-11-17, 23:32
I feel like I’m aware of EVERY twinge or twitch right now :( Going to bad places in my mind.

Those of you who have been through this fear, how did you cope?

Fishmanpa
14-11-17, 23:50
Did you even read the link I posted? That is from actual ALS sufferers. Those are facts. If you read it, it tells you flat about twitching and ALS. It's not the first sign of ALS and it's only sometimes a symptom of someone who's had it a while. On some level you know your fear is irrational because you're posting here.

Also READ THIS! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Muscles_muscle_tension_stiffness_muscle_t witching_tight_scalp_or_neck)

As far as getting out of it? Real life help in the form of therapy, meds if needed and hard work.

Anyway.. sorry you're in the rabbit hole. Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

MoleHill
15-11-17, 00:34
No, I read it. But class HA.....I talk myself out of believing it with the “yeah buts” and “but what if’s.”