PDA

View Full Version : confused! Swollen node

Tracy J
14-11-17, 18:02
A couple of weeks ago I had a swollen node in neck and thought nothing of it until pain went up my head. Walk in centre referred me straight to hospital tbh I was shocked. Had camera down through and ears checked etc nothing! Should say no other illness.
I was referred to ENT and given antibiotics which luckily (or so I thought ) worked. The thing is ENT still want a biopsy done?

Do you think it's caution I was so upset that I couldn't ask all questions I wanted to. I thought that it was a good sign that Antibiotics worked.

Can't find anyone where lump disappeared still having tests?

Anyone?

Fishmanpa
14-11-17, 18:12
Nope... if the node resolved, I don't see why they want further testing. I would ask specifically why.

Positive thoughts

Ellient
14-11-17, 18:28
Where is the lymph node and how big is it? I don't understand why they would test either seems unnecessary I would ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tracy J
14-11-17, 18:41
I did ask at the time she was quite sarcastic said about my age 43! And the fact it's not normal that a gland come up without any reason.

Tinttu
14-11-17, 18:42
If it's gone after antibiotics then congrats! You're fine now

Tracy J
14-11-17, 18:45
Sorry it was the one on the right side of my neck under the ear.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Tintuu
What I thought but no she still wants a head scan and biopsy done. Really do understand.

Ellient
14-11-17, 19:11
If it's gone what is there to even biopsy? If you don't feel comfortable don't do it but I'm sure they're just being cautious, are they aware it's gone?

Tracy J
14-11-17, 19:22
Yes fully aware but she still wants to do it. Her bedside manner was a lot to be desired! I was trying to be rational for me and stay positive. She didn’t do anything to reassure me.

Ellient
14-11-17, 19:27
That is very odd seems like such a waste of time if it's gone, I would just ask for this specific reason, hope it all goes well

Fishmanpa
14-11-17, 19:31
If it's gone what is there to even biopsy?

Exactly! I'm a survivor and I know that as fact.

Positive thoughts