PDA

View Full Version : Perceived walking issues/hypersensitivity ??

Bigthunder1990
14-11-17, 19:18
This might be my first post, I can't remember but I've been a long time lurker. I've got an issue at the minute where it seems every step I take the front of my left shoe has this sticking/catching at the toe going on as I lift the foot. It started about 4 months ago it hasn't gotten and worse and at times I think it's better however it just won't stop although it definitely feels better certain different pairs of my shoes. It's really annoying me and it's starting to cause a lot of obsessive testing behaviour again on my part

My history is basically 17 months of twitching head to toe with a miriade of other symptoms which turned me into a health anxious individual. I had seen a neuro last December and he said I was fine. Right now I'm doing way better however physical symptoms still bother me.

Really I'm looking for someone who can identify with my problem or offer insight as I really don't want to go down the whole neuro disease path I was on for the last year and a half! It really stole time I'll never get back!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nini91
15-11-17, 02:58
I think you might honestly be hypersensitive. I have had walking issues for the past 3 months, I feel like I can’t walk a straight line, so I guess it’s more so balance issues. But I seriously catch every single thing that could be wrong with me. There have even been instances where there is the tiniest numb patch on my big toe and I start to freak out!! I have been twitching non stop for 5 months, with anxiety we are literally so intubewith our bodies, that even stuff that is “normal” and never noticed is now felt! If it hasn’t gotten worse and at times it feels better I would just say you are hypersensitive because the same thing happens to me, none of my symptoms have gotten worse and at times I feel perfectly normal, it’s just anxiety.

Bigthunder1990
15-11-17, 16:07
I agree that it's probably just hypersensitivity and this is causing a lot of muscle tension in my legs and at the same time I've caused unconscious natural movements to become conscious as I'm constantly readjusting each step if it doesn't feel right and sometimes I feel like I'm making fists with my feet curling my toes!

Its just that I'm so vigilant and focused on it and its driving me mad though and I'm resisting going off the handle and saying its foot drop as I've seen a neuro who said my physical exam was normal and my twitching has reduced since my peak of HA last year. It's very annoying when you get over one thing something else comes along :weep: