PDA

View Full Version : Been prescribed antibiotics and very anxious to take them

JJ10
14-11-17, 20:16
Hi, I'm 18, male - I suffer from fairly severe health anxiety, used to suffer from panic attacks daily, but in past year they've become sporadic but health anxiety got a lot worse....

I noticed a swollen area on my coccyx yesterday, so I went to the doctors this morning and was prescribed antibiotics to treat it. Just a minor infection which is a MASSIVE relief; did the absolute worst thing for health anxiety last night and googled everything about the symptoms so I was very worried about possible aesthetic etc.
With the antibiotics I obviously have to take the full course, once 4 times daily, 2 hours after eating and can't eat until an hour after. Even just that is ridiculously stressful, but I'll manage with that it's just the side effects???? It says 1 in 10 experience feelings of sickness and diarrhoea.

I spent a good half hour stood with tablet in my hand trying to convince myself to take it about 4 hours ago, but failed to take it. Tried again an hour ago, and gave up after 20 mins stood there.

How do I get myself to take them? Really struggling here

Fishmanpa
14-11-17, 21:02
Hi, I'm 18, male - I suffer from fairly severe health anxiety, used to suffer from panic attacks daily, but in past year they've become sporadic but health anxiety got a lot worse....

I noticed a swollen area on my coccyx yesterday, so I went to the doctors this morning and was prescribed antibiotics to treat it. Just a minor infection which is a MASSIVE relief; did the absolute worst thing for health anxiety last night and googled everything about the symptoms so I was very worried about possible aesthetic etc.
With the antibiotics I obviously have to take the full course, once 4 times daily, 2 hours after eating and can't eat until an hour after. Even just that is ridiculously stressful, but I'll manage with that it's just the side effects???? It says 1 in 10 experience feelings of sickness and diarrhoea.

I spent a good half hour stood with tablet in my hand trying to convince myself to take it about 4 hours ago, but failed to take it. Tried again an hour ago, and gave up after 20 mins stood there.

How do I get myself to take them? Really struggling here

Why not crush it up and eat it with a bowl of ice cream :)

Positive thoughts

JJ10
14-11-17, 21:25
Why not crush it up and eat it with a bowl of ice cream :)

Positive thoughts

Unfortunately it says it must be swallowed hole and not broken up?