PDA

View Full Version : Learning to Live

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Karen
20-06-07, 00:39
Ok I know I have said this before but this time it is different. This time I have the support of a very dear friend 5 days a week for as long as I need it.

I have eaten well, rested and looked after today and I am not abusing medication or drugging myself up for the first time in a long while.

A very wise friend tells me instead of looking for a modicum of control in life I seek absolute control and life cannot be controlled like that. Instead I need to learn to adapt and practise new ways of coping.

That's what I am doing now.

Under~The~Stars
20-06-07, 00:45
Hey Karen :flowers:

I really like the name of your new thread, very positive :hugs: It's good to hear from you.

I am so glad you seem to be doing better :hugs: Keep up the good work hun!

Take care, and I hope you get some sleep tonight :flowers:

Lou xxx

Karen
20-06-07, 01:45
Thanks Lou.

I hope you are doing ok tonight too :hugs:

Karen xx

jo61
20-06-07, 07:07
Well done Karen. It's great to hear you so positive.

:hugs:

lilibet
20-06-07, 07:23
Dear Karen

Well, really pleased to hear from you, take care

love lilibet x x

Paddington
20-06-07, 07:47
Dearest Karen:hugs: i am delighted to see such positivity in your new thread hun:hugs: that is the way forward hun.well done you:yesyes: and that friend of yours?Give them a huge hug from me:hugs: a very wise person aye?:) Have a wonderful day..love as ever Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mirry
20-06-07, 07:50
Karen, your friend sounds like a lovely person, Im really pleased for you xxx

Karen
20-06-07, 07:59
Thank you all :hugs:

I think I am still in shock that I've been lucky enough to be given this chance. This will work :yesyes:

Karen xx

happyone
20-06-07, 08:38
Karen,
I am so happy:hugs:

You go on and live girl!:hugs:

happyone
xx

Jimbo
20-06-07, 09:07
Karen, :) :yesyes:

Glad things are going well. I'm so glad to hear this.

Jim :hugs:

Paddington
20-06-07, 09:11
That's the spirit hun:hugs: yes this WILL work..because you want it too:yesyes: there is that wee small voice deep inside us all, during bleak times, that cries out for the light...your cry has been heard hun and now you can get well..we are all here backing you all the way:hugs: :hugs: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karen
20-06-07, 09:39
Thanks Paddie, Jim and Happyone :hugs:

Karen xx

clickaway
20-06-07, 10:06
Karen,

This is really encouraging - I have always had belief in you and still have.

But now you need to have belief in yourself as well.

Hugs :hugs:

Karen
20-06-07, 10:29
Thanks Ray. I do have hope now I have support.

Karen xx

Lizzie1975
20-06-07, 12:48
Hi Karen, this is fantastic to hear - keep up that fighting spirit!

Lizzie xx

Quirky
20-06-07, 14:08
Hi Karen,

Oh sis seeing this post has made my day, it's so lovely to see you so positive and determind again :yesyes: :hugs: I believe you really can do this. A huge well done for eating again and stopping the pills, I am so proud of you for turning this around :flowers:

You are so lucky to have such a special friend, she is amazing and I'm so grateful to her for what she is doing to help you.

Take care,

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
20-06-07, 14:19
Hey Karen :hugs:

How you doing today?

Lou xxx

heths
20-06-07, 15:41
This is great to hear Karen, :) :yesyes: , I'm really pleased for you,

Heather xx

groovygranny
20-06-07, 15:55
Hello Karen!

Although I don't know you well, I know from your threads that you have had some truly awful times so this is absolutely wonderful news and you so deserve it. http://www.pwcs.edu/Schools/ES/marshall/Brilla/north_star_shine_ty_clr.gif

Take care,

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

Kathyn
20-06-07, 16:10
Karen am so thrilled that you have some support - you are a very special person and so deserve this - as for your friend she is an absolute star.

To hear you sound so positive is just wonderful.

Hope your having a good day.

Love

Kathy

belle
20-06-07, 18:30
Karen..

I am SO proud of you, taking this step is amazing and very brave! It takes one SPECIAL lady to do this.....and thats what you are :)

x

kazzie
20-06-07, 20:19
Hi Karen:flowers:

This is indeed fantastic news:yesyes:

Im sooooooo pleased you are being helped in a way you can cope with at long last:yesyes:

Im sorry if I appear to have been saying harsh things to you lately but it was only because I care:hugs:

Your friend sounds like a very special person too please tell them how gratefull we all are that you are being cared for:flowers:

Take Care Karen

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

Karen
21-06-07, 01:27
Thank you all so much for the wonderful replies.

Kaz - Your replies were never harsh hun. I know it's because you care :hugs:

My friend in indeed very special and I am lucky to be given this chance and it has given me such renewed hope for the future again.

Lou - My day has good hun. How are you? I did normal but good things for a change - went to a mother/parent group with my friend, walked, talked, played with her two girls and generally had a very good day.

I'm looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow!

Karen xx

Karen
21-06-07, 04:19
I'm eating well and I am drug free apart from my prescribed meds.

However, I now have insomnia as a result of going from the huge quantities of sleeping pills I had been taking to now taking none.

I would really like some sleep but not through those pills again. Any advice gratefully received.

Karen xx

Karen
21-06-07, 04:39
Oh by the way Nic I am drug free so far this week and I will get to Telford! :hugs:

Karen xx

bluesparkle
21-06-07, 07:07
:D :yesyes: :D :yesyes:
well your post has made me smile... well done you!!!
as ive said before i dont very often post now but i do keep an eye on whats going on... am very proud of you and so pleased you have a friend to help.
sending you loads of posative vibes and hugs to get you on your way...
rach
x

Karen
21-06-07, 07:35
Thanks Rach :hugs:

Karen xx

belle
21-06-07, 08:13
Hi Karen..

I know how horrible insomnia is. I was sleeping maybe an hour a day for a year or more, my body eventually got use to it, so when the insomnia stopped, sleeping was so alien to me, i was ALWAYS exhausted despite getting the hours my body needed!!!! No one could understand how i was able to function on no sleep...to me, then, it was the "norm".

With ways to help...

A few drops of Lavender oil on your pillow is good, it really worked for me. You have to try and get into a good sleep pattern of going to bed at the same time every night, so your body gets use to it. Basically, i was told it was like how you treat a newborn. If you are really not tired, then read for a bit, but nothing to stimulating, IE. TV or PC. I still now have really horrible weeks where i am awake at 4am. When i finally get to sleep and wake up, i have try and stay awake, otherwise, come bedtime, you're not tired enough, and there starts your vicious circle.

...i've been typing this for too long, got to get my sons breakfast before school....oops!!

HAVE A GOOD DAY :)

x

Karen
21-06-07, 09:34
Thanks for those tips Bluebell. I have had long term problems with insomnia too which is how I ended up being on sleeping pills in the first place but my body adjusted so I just taking more and more.

Now I've had to stop and I feel tired during the day and awake at night when it needs to be the other way round. I think I managed at most an hour last night again. Eventually I just got up as it was pointless lying in bed trying to sleep when I was wide awake.

Oh well off to spend the afternoon with my friend later so I'm sure her little girls will wake me up!

Karen xx

Quirky
21-06-07, 11:36
Hi Karen,

Hope you have another good day today :hugs:

About the insomnia maybe mention it to your doc tomorrow.

Take care,

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
21-06-07, 12:41
Karen :hugs:

It's really good to hear you talking so positive, keep up the good work! :yesyes:

Maybe mention the sleeping problems to your doctor like Lisa said in her post, and see what she says.

I hope you have another good day today :flowers:

Take care,

Lou xxx

kazzie
21-06-07, 13:26
Hope you are having a lovely day Karen:flowers:

Wonderful to here you sounding so positive again:yesyes: :yesyes:

Lizzie1975
21-06-07, 14:57
Hi Karen,

Well the lavendar is defo a good idea, helps me too and a hot bath directly before bed and no caffine past 6pm. I also never let myself nap in the day anymore even if i'm shattered as I can't do anything to jepordise my precious night time sleeps!! Regular bed times, wake up times and a structured routine is a good thing to get into to try and sort out the nights.

I'd also mention it to the doc see if she has any ideas.

Enjoy the rest of the day!!

Lizzie XX

PUGLETMUM
21-06-07, 14:59
hello,
im sure you wont mind me posting this to you, even though i dont know you , but could you do some form of exercise(thats assuming you dont already do any?) because it really does help if your body is physically tired to try to sleep. am having sleep probs myself at the mo due to intense anx/panics, but i am able to walk my dogs 40 mins a day, i do 4 hrs cleaning 4 days, 3 hours ironing 1 day for my job and i go the gym evey day for say 40 mins to an hour!!!! i know that might sound exsessive but anx gives me masses of energy so if im like this the more i do the better i feel, its like i use up the energy. also for peolple who are depressed and may feel very lethat=rgic exercise is still brill,
just thought id poke my nose in as it has helped me soooo much to stay active
best wishes to you emma

Piglet
21-06-07, 15:42
Can't stop and may not get into post everyday just now hun but I wanted to say how chuffed I am that you have started this new thread!!:yesyes:

You go girlfriend!!:yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

happyone
21-06-07, 16:15
Hi,
just a quickie just now hun. How you doing?

happyone
xx

Paddington
21-06-07, 16:20
Hi Karen hun:hugs: yep all the above ideas for sleep are good hun..also visualisation..it helps me:) you will of course have your own picture in your mind to use to help you relax anuff to drop off:) I always imagine myself as a baby..wrapped up and safe being held in someones arms:) i am sure at some point before it all 'went wrong' that must have happened:flowers: as it comforts me..i also hold a huge cuddly toy..oh crikey all me secrets are out now:ohmy: We wont mention the dummy:ohmy: :sign20: also you can use cd's to aid sleep hun..paul mckenna is fab:D Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lilibet
21-06-07, 16:46
Dear Karen and Paddie

What wonderful tips there, especially about thinking of being cuddled like a baby. I for one will try that tonight, what about you Karen?

Love Lilibet x x

Karen
21-06-07, 19:59
Thanks All. I've had another good day thanks.

Emma - Of course I don't mind anyone posting here. I am doing a bit more exercise, just walking mainly but until now I've been doing none as I didn't have the energy or health.

My friends little girl ran after me when I was leaving tonight with some fresh lavender to try tonight - ah bless :)

Paddie - Thanks I will try the visualisation thing and I have a sleep hynosis CD too. I tend to use music mainly but that's not working right now.

Tomorrow I see my doctor and the last time I saw her I was really ill - she is going to have a shock this week.

Finally got an appointment through to see someone about my bladder problems in a couple of weeks. Also heard the crisis team tried to ring me a week ago, wrote this week and said I hadn't called them even though no one ever rang back or left a message for me. Good job I am not dependent on them and don't want to see them as they discharged me without trying very hard to get in touch. Last week was my crisis and they didn't bother to follow it up.

A night in front of the TV for me.

Karen xx

happyone
21-06-07, 20:08
Karen,
it is so lovely to see you like this hun.:hugs: I am a bit worried you wouldn't be talking to me, but I have been coming in anyway!! I'm a bit like a troublesome cold, you just can't shake me off!!
Paddie
We wont mention the dummy:ohmy: This made me laugh! When my little un was a baby I tried her with a dummy but she just didn't like it, all she wanted was for me to lie in bed with her lying on top of me! So one night I am trying to give her the dummy and she just spat it out, so I give in and go into bed with her and for somewhere to put the dummy....I put it in my mouth! I woke up like that in the morning, it was still there!!!
Happyone
xx

belle
21-06-07, 21:14
Karen...

Your posts are reading with so much more positivity.
Its really good to see...
Good luck with your lavender. Another little tip though, don't focus too much on it and whether it is or its not working, 'cause you can bet a million pounds it won't work if you're doing that....lol

x

happyone
21-06-07, 21:20
I liked that reply Bluebell. It is true, if you start 'looking' for something as opposed to just 'liking' it, it doesn't help as much.
I find that with my meditations. I don't look on them as a prelude to sleep, I don't even do them always at night. I do them because I enjoy them and as such it relaxes me. If you meet something with a pre conceived idea, it generally doesn't meet does it?

Happyone
xx

Quirky
21-06-07, 21:52
Hi Karen,

Glad you've had another good day :yesyes:

Good news about the bladder appt too :yesyes:

The crisis team sound awful - as you say what if you had really wanted to see them :mad: :lac:

Hope the docs appt goes well tomorrow, she's going to be as proud of you as we all are:hugs:

Hope you sleep well,

Night night,

Lisa x

kazzie
21-06-07, 23:05
Sweet dreams Karen:flowers:

stargazer
21-06-07, 23:15
Just to sday I am and everyone should be PROUD of Karen she is taking this seriously and with such positivity WELL DONE Sweetheart Well done!:yesyes: :yesyes: :hugs: and here's another just to remind you of the chaos caused in the street tonight by Biggest cherub:flowers: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Have a good day tomorrow hope you get some sleep so Far so good with littlest cherub!:yesyes:

Karen
22-06-07, 01:12
Thank you all once again for the kind messages.

Stargazer - Thanks for the reminder hun! Eldest cherbub's gift is on my pillow at present and I hope will help me sleep tonight. I thought she was going to follow me all the way home lol! :hugs:

Hope litlest cherub stays asleep for you tonight and you have a good weekend. How is eldest cherub's elbow? I hope it is not too sore.

Jess - It is indeed not easy to cut the sleeping pills addiction particularly but I am trying other methods to help and am maybe going to try having a nap when I feel tired. I am exhausted tonight.

Karen xx

Piglet
22-06-07, 09:47

Love Piglet :flowers:

Under~The~Stars
22-06-07, 12:23
Take care Karen, hope you are having a good day :flowers:

Lou xxx

pips
22-06-07, 15:12

That's Really Great news honey. :yesyes: Yipeeee:winks:

Take Good Care,

Love & Hugs,:hugs:

Pip's X X X X

Lizzie1975
22-06-07, 19:35
(((((((((((Karen)))))))))))

Lizzie XXX

kazzie
22-06-07, 20:04
Have a good weekend Karen:yesyes:

stargazer
22-06-07, 20:27
Karen - Have a good weekend hope today was good an ddoc appt went well, biggest cherub's elbow has very nasty graze but she is so brave, I left dressing off last night and it dried up nicely. I think she overheats and thats when she goes all floppy and tired have to watch that. Littlest slept all night don't know if she will tonight but hey all the more fun for me:yesyes: See you Monday:hugs:

Karen
22-06-07, 21:18
Hi All

Thanks for all the messages. I've had quite a busy day what with seeing the doctor and went to the beach for a picnic for lunch! It was quite windy though and I fell over once trying to walk on the pebbles lol! :blush: Anyway, all was ok and my doctor is happy with how things are going.

Stargazer - Aww bless biggest cherub :hugs: I hope her elbow soon heals. I think the lavender did help me sleep a little better last night!

Today was ok thanks hon and my GP was very pleased with my efforts of the last week and thinks it's so brilliant that I am spending time with you and your family.

She said she is 'happier' about my health and weight last week. Last week she was concerned that I was in danger but this week I am a bit further from that. She said she'd be pleased if I gained a bit more (What??? :lac: ) but if I continue as I am I will at least be safer and avoid hospital - which is where she expected me to end up in the last week I think.

Anyway, she is chasing up the housing situation with social services to see if they can proceed with the supported housing idea separately from the CMHT which would be better.

Hope you have a good weekend too - might see you in the quiz tomorrow. I will see you on Monday :hugs:

Love to all :hugs:

Karen xx

kazzie
22-06-07, 21:26
So glad things are on the up Karen:yesyes:

Quirky
22-06-07, 23:09
Hi Karen,

Glad you had another good day :yesyes:

Glad the docs appt went well too. Did you talk to her about the sleeping issues and the fact the amitriptylene hasn't helped yet? Did she have any advice?

Great news about the housing being chased up too :yesyes:

Night night and hope you have a good weekend :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
23-06-07, 00:13
Thanks Lisa and Kaz :hugs:

Lisa - Yes we did discuss the Amitrptyline. I wanted to stop taking it, said it hadn't helped but then ended up agreeing to double my dose to 20mg at night :wacko:

She said that it is still a tiny dose compared to what most people are given. I don't think it is going to help with my sleep or with anxiety, which she said it may help, but I will stick with it for now. I can stop it at any time and I suppose if I haven't even tried it I can't really say it definitely won't help.

Going strawberry picking tomorrow hopefully if the weather is nice!

Karen xx

kazzie
23-06-07, 01:17
Enjoy Karen:yesyes:

Quirky
23-06-07, 01:31
Hi Karen,

Let me know how the meds go as I am interested in that for your sake and for my own interest with this med. Well done for agreeing to take 20mg.

I hope you enjoy the strawberry picking :yesyes: I picked strawberries and raspberries in the garden last night - yummy! :D

Night night,

Lisa x

Karen
23-06-07, 01:33
Aww Lisa, wish I had strawberries and rapsberries in a garden like that :yesyes:

I will let you know how I get on with the meds. Need to get my prescription tomorrow.

Thanks Kaz :hugs:

Night all.

Karen xx

Quirky
23-06-07, 01:35
Yes it is nice walking outside and picking my own, we have so many raspberries I can't keep up with them.

Night night sis :hugs:

Lisa x

Piglet
23-06-07, 15:05
This is such a lovely thread Karen hun!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kazzie
23-06-07, 15:25

Hope You have had a good day and got the strawberries ok??

Quirky
23-06-07, 16:09
Hi Karen,

Hope you managed to get out to pick strawberries :yesyes:

Lisa x

Lizzie1975
23-06-07, 18:36
Hi Karen, hope you didn't get a good soaking from the rain - it's bloomin awful here!!

Lizzie XXXX

stargazer
23-06-07, 18:41
talking of strawberries hun I think the ones in my fridge are on their last legs smelling a bit do I have your permission to throw them out?

Not sure if i'll make quiz tonight got a bit of a headache and it might turn into a nasty but see you monday. Mum and I usually go shopping in the morning when eldest is at nursey. you are welcome to come if its not too early (usually go at 9/9:15)or just let yourself in here and await our return usually about 10:30/10:45.

Sleep well and see you monday hope you enjoyed your strawberry picking lovely day for it.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:

Karen
23-06-07, 19:05
Hi All

I had a slight hiccup first thing this morning but have managed to let it go and the rest of the day has been much better.

This morning I went out to pick some strawberries. Also picked a few cherries. I'm looking forward to having strawberries and ice cream for pudding :yesyes:

I came home for lunch and this afternoon went for a stroll around a local park. I fed some cygnets that were soo cute. Unfortunately I didn't have my proper camera so took some photos on my phone camera. There are some here:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/km5769/Swan5.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/km5769/Swan4.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/km5769/Swan3.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/km5769/Swan2.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/km5769/Swan1.jpg

Well that took a bit of doing! :shrug: Hope it works now!

Karen xx

Lizzie1975
23-06-07, 19:25
Awww how cute are they!! I'd like to do the quiz tonight, is it 10pm? I might, however, be with Stargazer (not literally!) and be in bed by then.

Lizzie XX

clickaway
23-06-07, 19:33
:)

Glad you got out on rather an indifferent day Karen. Nice pics. Apart from 10 minutes in my garden, I have stayed in all day.

Enjoy your strawberries and ice cream. Sounds good!

Have a good evening :)

Karen
23-06-07, 19:45
Stargazer - I hope your headache is soon better :hugs:

Yes, get rid if they have gone bad. I didn't plan that too well. Needed to bring some at the beginning of the wee.

Lizzie - It has been cloudy on and off here but dry luckily!

Ray - Yes it was good to get out for a while. No wonder I used to go stir crazy staying at home all the time.

Karen xx

Kathyn
23-06-07, 23:03
Hi Karen

What lovely pictures - those signets look so cute - sounds like you had a nice time out today.

Strawberries & ice cream - yum - hope you enjoyed them.

It is so nice to hear you sounding so upbeat - well done for overcoming the blip this morning - so very proud of you.

Stargazer - thank you for all you are doing for Karen - you really are a star - hope the headache didn't get too bad.

Kathy x

Quirky
23-06-07, 23:57
Hi Karen,

Aww what cute pictures :D Glad you had a nice day and managed to pick strawberries and cherries - yummy!

I am so proud of all you are achieving, what a difference a week makes eh! :hugs: I know it can't always be easy still but you really are an inspiration sis :flowers:

Night night,

Lisa x

Karen
24-06-07, 00:12
Thanks Kathy and Lisa.

Yes Kathy today was good.

I too am very grateful to Stargazer - hope you are feeling better hun :hugs:

Thanks sis. Sometimes it is still very difficult but I try to avoid thinking too much and concentate instead on the positives in the changes I am making :hugs:

Karen xx

Quirky
24-06-07, 00:15
I try to avoid thinking too much and concentate instead on the positives in the changes I am making :hugs:
Karen xx

Well I'd say you're doing so well and the changes are all so positive :yesyes: The change in you has been amazing this last week or so and it's so nice to see :flowers:

Night night,

Lisa x

Karen
24-06-07, 00:27
Thank you sis :hugs:

Karen xx

Quirky
24-06-07, 00:47
You're welcome sis :flowers:

Lisa x

stargazer
24-06-07, 12:06
Hi all - well done Karen, I am soooo very proud of you cygnets are just so cute:hugs: headache wasn't too bad but no concentration levels really just sat and mused for a bit then went to bed earlyish, hope quiz was good.

Thanks to everyone for get better wishes obviously worked feel fine now thanks.:yesyes:

See you Monday Karen don't forget to let me know about shopping whether you want to just wait here or come but I have a feeling 9:15 might be a bit early for you:winks:

See you soon hope you enjoyed strawberries and ice-cream.

Well done for getting over blip.:hugs:

Karen
24-06-07, 12:12
Hi Stargazer

I'm so glad you are feeling better today :hugs:

Missed the quiz in the end so I don't know who won :shrug: No doubt Piglet will say she did again! :shades:

I'll come shopping with you tomorrow if that's ok. I can do early now! I'm usually awake by 6am ish anyway.

Had a few hours more sleep last night and I am feeling better for that.

I hope hubby and the cherubs are ok. Give them a hug from me:hugs:

I'll see you tomorrow.

Karen xx

kazzie
24-06-07, 14:37

Lovely pics.......thanks for sharing:yesyes:

Sounds like you are having a good weekend:yesyes:

Enjoy the rest of it

Karen
24-06-07, 14:44
Thanks Kaz :flowers:

My weekend has been good. Glad you liked the pics!

Karen xx

Piglet
24-06-07, 15:42
Sorry to just be dipping in and out hun - I think you are doing soooooo well!! :yesyes:

Hello to all! :hugs:

Karen
24-06-07, 16:30
That's fine Piglet. I know you are busy looking after middle Piglet. Thanks for stopping by :flowers:

Hope you are ok. I'm fine. Having a quiet day as it's pouring of rain here so not much to do.

I'm back with Stargazer tomorrow :)

Karen xx

kazzie
24-06-07, 16:43

Just been to local farm shop for strawberries and cherries lol too wet to pick your own so got the ready picked sort lol:yesyes:

Hi Piglet:flowers:

Karen
24-06-07, 16:53
Hi Kaz

Shame about the weather. Still, they still taste better from the farm shop than those from the supermarket eh? :)

How are you today?

I hope you are well :hugs:

Karen xx

kazzie
24-06-07, 17:07
Hi Karen

Im fine thanks for asking:flowers:

Just went in to the kitchen and caught my cat eating the cherries!!!!

Yesterday he was eating cucumber lol

Strange moggy:shrug:

Have a nice rest of day mate:yesyes:

Karen
24-06-07, 17:14
Hmm unusual tastes you cat has lol! :)

I am glad you are having a good day. Enjoy the strawberries and rest of the cherries! :hugs:

Karen xx

joy
24-06-07, 17:16
My dog likes apple cores and grapes!! The other day i brought the shopping in and he raided the bag and triumphantly ran down the garden with a red pepper in his mouth!!!

Joy

Karen
24-06-07, 17:18
Lol Joy! :)

I used to have a cat who would anything I ate but if I gave her some in a bowl she lost interest. She would only eat it if I hand fed her - spoil eh? :yesyes:

Karen xx

joy
24-06-07, 17:59
maybe thats what you need, a gorgeous handsome hunk handfeeding you as you lie casually on a chaise longue.

Oh I'm having a fantasy here!!!!
LOL

Karen
24-06-07, 18:27
LOL Joy! :)

Karen xx

stargazer
24-06-07, 19:26
Piglet if you look in here - hope middle piglet feeling better keep well yourself, speak soon.

Karen - I said early what do you mean 6am is early try 5am:winks: LOL! only joking okay so if you are here by 9 then we will be all ready to go Mum will prob pop along for 9 too so you can have a chat until I get there.:flowers:

Glad your weekend has been good. It is so uplifting to hear such positiveness in your postings, and when I see you too your eyes have a glint now, I do mean what I say whether you need it for 6 months or six years you can come here and chill. It is helping me too, but don't forget treat it like your own home if you want to sit in garden or have some own time do don't be embarassed ok? Well I mean jungle but we are clearing it next weekend so it will look more like a garden then LOL!:ohmy:

I think it is quite good actually that we can be there and we don't have to speak to each other you know what I mean ? there is no awkward silence and I think that says how good our friendship is.

Okay until tomorrow sleep well:hugs: :hugs:

Karen
24-06-07, 19:47
Thanks Stargazer :hugs:

Well 6am is early if you don't get to sleep until 4am lol! :wacko:

Yes, it is definitely a sign of true friendship when there is no pressure or awkwardness on either side. I am glad you can see a difference in me. I really do feel different - I now have hope for the first time in a long time - that and a purpose and stability and those things are helping give me renewed positivity :)

I'll see you in the money honey :)

Karen xx

stargazer
24-06-07, 20:05
see me in the money? OOOOO do you know something I don't??:D Okauy I know you meant morning:hugs:

Karen
24-06-07, 21:02
Oops :blush: My brain thinks one thing and my hands type something else :shrug:

Who knows... maybe it does mean something lol!

Yes, I meant see you in the morning :flowers:

Karen xx

lilibet
24-06-07, 21:25
Dear Karen

Everything sounds so good, well done lovely, keep it up im so excited for you.

love lilibet x x

Karen
24-06-07, 21:38
Thanks Lilibet :flowers:

How are you?

Karen xx

kazzie
24-06-07, 21:57

Sounds like you have had a good weekend and lovely to see you so positive:yesyes:

Have a happy Monday with Stargazer:yesyes:

Karen
24-06-07, 22:24
Thank you Kaz :flowers:

I'm sure I will have a good time tomorrow. These days I actually have a reason to get up in the morning.

Karen xx

Quirky
25-06-07, 00:03
Hi Karen,

I'm so glad to read that you've had a nice weekend, been a long time since you've said that, so pleased for you, you really deserve it. I'm glad you feel different as you certainly sound it too - soooo positive and happier :yesyes: We all need support, a purpose in life and a reason to get up and it's good you now have that.
Oh and stargazer is one in a million too, you're so lucky to have a friend like her.

Anyway hope you have a good day tomorrow and another successful week.

Night night,

Lisa x

Karen
25-06-07, 07:58
Thanks Lisa.

I am making changes and although difficult at times overall I feel better for it.

Going to face the supermarket with Stargazer this morning - that will be fun lol! I'm sure I will have a good day.

Karen xx

Piglet
25-06-07, 09:42
Stargazer - thanks hun! :hugs:

Karen - have a super day button, soooooooooo thrilled to hear how good you sound and so proud of you for giving lots of things a go!!! :yesyes:

Paddington
25-06-07, 10:13
well what with Happyone and her dummy:sign20: and the doggy with the redpepper:lisa: logging on tothis thread has cheered me up and made me laugh:D It is wonderfulto hear all your news Karen..strawberries and ice cream..picnics on the beach..those beautiful photo's..oh hun:hugs: what a differnt girl you are:yesyes: so incredibly proud of you:hugs: And Stargazer..the most huge respect to you hun for helping Karen like this..you are a life saver hun in the truest sense:hugs: Enjoy your shopping trip allof you:flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

belle
25-06-07, 10:22
Hi Karen...

I am LOVING your new thread, its bloody fab :)
Have a wonderful day!!!

x

lilibet
25-06-07, 12:19
Dear Karen

Im fine thank you, i have my appointment with the pysciatrist this afternoon, i dont go very often these days but today i will ask if i could maybe have some counselling etc.

You sound so well its very exciting to read your posts.

Take care

love lilibet x x

Lizzie1975
25-06-07, 14:49
Hi Karen,

I read your posts now and they make me feel so happy! I am loving hearing you like this - carry on enjoying life my lovely it really can be good can't it!

Lizzie XXXXX

Quirky
25-06-07, 18:33
Hi Karen,

I'm so glad the changes you have made are making you feel better, that's great and you really deserve it. You really are an inspiration sis with how you've turned your life around :flowers:

Hope you've had a good day :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
25-06-07, 18:55
Thank you all for the messages. I really appreciate all the wonderful support.

You've been with me through the good and the bad times and it means a lot.

Lilibet - Hope the appt with the psychiatrist went well.

Piglet - Thanks hun :hugs:

Bluebell, Lizzie, Lisa - Thank you all.

Paddie - I hope your tummy is a little better. Take care of yourself :hugs:

I've had a good day with Stargazer and her cherubs. We couldn't get put a lot today as it's poured with rain all day but it's been good anyway.

Karen xx

Quirky
25-06-07, 18:59
Glad you had a good day :yesyes:

Lisa x

Karen
25-06-07, 20:30
Thank you sis :flowers:

Karen xx

happyone
25-06-07, 20:37
just a wee hug to say hello hun:hugs:

Happyone
xx

Karen
25-06-07, 21:12
Thanks Happyone. Hugs for you too :hugs:

Karen xx

lilibet
25-06-07, 21:12
Hi Karen

Yes my appointment went well thanks. I asked for some counselling, and that will be happening at my local day hospital.

Glad your day went well too. When will it stop raining eh!!

Love Lilibet x x

kazzie
25-06-07, 21:18

Glad you have had a good day hun:yesyes:

Karen
25-06-07, 21:55
Thank you Kaz :flowers: Hugs for you too :hugs:

Lilibet - Glad to hear about the counselling. I hope it starts soon :hugs:

I wish it would stop raining too. I've had enough of it now :lac:

Karen xx

Under~The~Stars
25-06-07, 22:02
Hey Karen, :hugs:

Just popping by to say hi! Keep up the good work, you're doing great :hugs:

Take care,

Lou xxx

Karen
25-06-07, 22:10
Thank you Lou :flowers:

Karen xx

Quirky
25-06-07, 22:41
Just saying night night sis, hope you have another good day tomorrow :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
25-06-07, 22:51
Thank you Lisa :flowers:

Night all.

Karen xx

Quirky
25-06-07, 22:53
You're welcome :flowers:

Hope you sleep well :hugs:

Lisa x

kazzie
25-06-07, 23:07

Karen
25-06-07, 23:14
Thank you and you Kaz :hugs:

Night Lisa.

Karen xx

Piglet
26-06-07, 09:32

Quirky
26-06-07, 12:43
Hope you're having a good day :flowers:

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
26-06-07, 13:37
Hope you are having a good day too Karen :hugs:

Lou xxx

Karen
26-06-07, 19:28
Thanks all :hugs:

Karen xx

happyone
26-06-07, 21:03
How you doing sunshine?:hugs:

Happyone
xx

kazzie
26-06-07, 21:25
So was today a good un Karen:shrug:

Hope so:yesyes:

Quirky
26-06-07, 23:47
Night night Karen, hope today was another good one and hope you have a good day tomorrow :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
27-06-07, 00:07
Thanks Happyone, Kaz and Lisa.

Yes good and busy!

Karen xx

Quirky
27-06-07, 00:14
Yes good and busy!

Karen xx

That's good sis :yesyes:

Night night, hope you sleep well, sweet dreams,

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
27-06-07, 15:07
Hope you are having another good day hun! :flowers:

Take care,

Lou xxx

Karen
27-06-07, 19:10
Thanks Lisa and Louise.

I've had a good day thanks. The cherubs were particularly sweet today and I spent quite a long time cuddling youngest cherub - bless her :)

I wish my nights were as good. I am confused really and worried because I've been sleepwalking and sleep eating again. I had put it down to all the drugs I was taking before but now I'm off them all and it is still happening. I don't know what's going on :shrug:

Karen xx

Quirky
27-06-07, 22:04
Hi Karen,

Glad you have had another good day - aww at youngest cherub :D I bet they love having you around.

Not sure what to suggest about the sleep walking and sleep eating sis, maybe ask your doctor on Friday? Are you totally off all sleeping meds now? Maybe it could be stress related even, just guessing though. I know you've stopped your pills but do some of them take a long time to get out of your system, I know some pills take ages to totally leave the body, especially when you've taken them for a long time, again just a thought. Do feel for you though as must be horrid :hugs: . I was reading today about a lady that sleep eats badly and she does it when she is stressed and it stops when she is relaxed - of course I thought OMG I'm stressed will I do it, but telling you incase it helps. Do ask the doc though.

Night night, take care and hope you have a good day tomorrow :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
27-06-07, 22:29
Thanks sis.

I stopped all the sleeping pills and they were ones that don't remain in the body for long so I don't think it's that.

It is probably stress and of course now I am more stressed because I can't control this as I don't know I am doing it at the time. I don't know how to stop it.

Karen xx

Quirky
27-06-07, 22:37
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I hope it stops soon for you sis, I really do. See if the doc has any ideas.

Night night,

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
27-06-07, 22:41
Aww Karen, glad you have had another good day, cherubs sound really cute! Kids are great aren't they! :)

Not really sure what to say about the sleep walking and sleep eating, maybe speak to your doc about it and see what she says? :hugs:

Night night, take care :flowers:

Lou xxx

Karen
27-06-07, 22:51
Thanks Lisa and Lou.

Yes, kids are great and a great distraction. There is no time to sit and ruminate!

I have talked to my doctor about the sleep walking and eating. I spoke to her yesterday and today but I don't think she is sure why it is happening either. She has arranged for me to have a blood test on Friday morning but I am not actually seeing her this week as I will be driving up to the hotel ready for the conference on Saturday. So I won't actually see my doctor until Friday week and I can't keep doing this every night.

Wish I knew what to do to make it stop.

Karen xx

Under~The~Stars
27-06-07, 22:57
Yeah Karen I agree, kids really are a great distraction! I coach kids of all sorts of ages, and I really love it. It is the only time I can say that I'm really happy, coz they cheer me up with their little stories etc! :) When kids are around there is no time to think about anything lol!

Sorry to hear your doctor isn't sure either, thats a bit of a pain isn't it. Maybe she will have more answers for you next week. I know you don't want to have this every night, I can imagine :hugs: Hopefully it will get easier :hugs:

Night night hun, take care :flowers:

Lou xxx

kazzie
27-06-07, 22:58
Sweet dreams Karen:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Quirky
27-06-07, 23:11
Hi Sis,

Ah yes I forgot you were going to the conference, that's something to look forward to though eh. I hope you have a lovely time.

Are the blood tests to check things that may effect the sleep walking/eating? Maybe your doc will have some more answers after that if so, or could she refer you to a sleep specialsit even :shrug:

Anyway night night, hope you have a good night and a good day tomorrow.

Lisa x

Karen
27-06-07, 23:26
Thanks Lou and Kaz.

I wish I would stay in bed when I am asleep! That would be an improvement.

I try to make it as hard for myself as possible to get hold of food or to leave my flat but I am scared it will happen anyway.

Karen xx

Quirky
27-06-07, 23:28
Karen,

I watched a programme about sleep disorders once and a guy sleep ate, he ended up padlocking himself to his bed so he knew he wouldn't move! I'm not suggesting you do that by the way at that could be dangerous too but it was clear in the programme how frustrated he was with it all so I do feel for you :hugs: . He was cured I think but sadly I can't remember how now as it was ages ago I saw it, it may have been meds but I just can't remember.

Anyway hope you have a good night :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
27-06-07, 23:32
Thanks sis.

Don't think I haven't already thought about chaining myself to the bed! I am that desperate to stop sleep eating. But my only worry is that I might need to use the toilet in the night and not be able to get up quickly enough - sorry TMI :blush:

Seriously though I am going to have to keep asking my doctor about this because I can't keep on doing it. I worry what I might do next without even knowing I am doing it. The possibilities are really scary :weep:

Karen xx

Karen
28-06-07, 09:58
It happened again :weep:

Karen xx

Piglet
28-06-07, 10:57

Under~The~Stars
28-06-07, 11:59
Karen hun, I'm sorry it happened again :hugs: I really hope your doc has more answers for you soon :hugs:

Thinking of you :flowers:

Take care,

Lou xxx

Karen
28-06-07, 12:25
Thanks Lou and Piglet :hugs:

My tummy hurts and I feel very bloated and uncomfortable today. I'm also really tired.

I also feel very scared by what is happening because it might keep happening and it might get worse. I am worried what I might do next.

Short of chaining myself to the bed there is no way of stopping it and because I live alone there is no one to stop me. I feel unsafe at home.

Karen xx

Under~The~Stars
28-06-07, 14:41
(((((KAREN)))))

I know a hug won't solve anything, but I'm not sure what to say. I hope you feel better soon hunny :hugs:

I hope you get all of this sorted out soon, coz it must be distressing for you :hugs:

Thinking of you :flowers:

Lou xxx

Lizzie1975
28-06-07, 17:40
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Lizzie XX

happyone
28-06-07, 18:28
Hi Hun!

I am a bit bamboozled to all the sleep thing, but I do reckon it is your sub conscious at work and there would be potential for it to happen anywhere.

Are you still having nice days?

happyone
xx

Karen
28-06-07, 21:18
Thank you all.

I am busy trying to decide what to pack for the conference tomorrow and it's difficult because I don't feel comfortable in my old clothes now I have gained weight but I don't feel comfortable in anything so I don't know what to take.

I won't be online for a couple of days this weekend so don't worry if I am not around.

Karen xx

Quirky
28-06-07, 22:02
Hi Karen,

I hope you have a lovely time at the conference sis, look forward to hearing all about it.

Have a safe journey, will be thinking of you :flowers:

Lisa x

stargazer
28-06-07, 22:53
Karen Hun

Sorry you did not feel well today and bloated I hope it isn't me like making you feeel you have to eat, I would hate to be the one causing you this discomfort when I am trying to help you!

Have a good weekend hope you feel better.

XX:flowers: :hugs::hugs::hugs: :hugs:

Karen
28-06-07, 23:05
Hi Stargazer

Of course it's not you honey :hugs:

I think maybe I got a bit carried away and I need to slow down a bit. The bloating and feeling ill is my body's way of complaining I think :shrug: Maybe it is exacerbated by the sleep eating and I need to find a way to stop it as it is making things harder.

I don't ever feel I have to eat when I am with you. It helps me do 'normal' a bit more. I think I need to talk to my doctor and therapist about my diet. My therapist said the diet she recommended minimised bloating so it's got to be worth a go.

You are helping me soo much and I enjoy being with you and the cherubs a lot :hugs:

Have a good weekend and I'll see you Monday :)

Karen xx

kazzie
28-06-07, 23:11

Have fun at the conference mate:yesyes:

Well done on another good week:yesyes:

Under~The~Stars
29-06-07, 13:26

I hope you have a lovely time at the conference :flowers:

Take care,

Lou xxx

Piglet
29-06-07, 13:31
Hi ya mate,

Is the doctor pleased with you at the moment???

Have a lovely time at the conference and tell Meg I send my regards and drive carefully!! :hugs:

Karen
29-06-07, 18:59
Hi All

I arrived safe and sound at the hotel after a 4½ hour drive. I am pretty tired but the drive was fine and I was definitely safer and more able to cope than the last time I did a long journey like this.

I've met up with Nic, Meg and Jess etc and we are going for dinner soon :eek: I'm a bit worried about eating 'normal' food and eating with other people.

Also feel very subconscious about my size since I've gained weight :blush:

Piglet: Thanks hun :hugs:

Is the doctor pleased with you at the moment???
Yes, she is pleased with the efforts I am making. She told me she can see I am doing my best.

The main concern now is the sleep walking as I've actually even left my flat and that's really worrying.

I paid to have the internet in my room. It wasn't a lot really and worth it for me.

Karen xx

happyone
29-06-07, 19:48
Karen,
you are doing so fantastically well:yesyes: I am so pleased for you.
I know you still have things to sort out, but you are getting there hun:hugs:

Happyone
xx

Quirky
29-06-07, 22:15
Hi Karen,

Glad you arrived safely :yesyes:

Hope dinner went well, so proud of you for trying so many things sis as I know it's not easy :hugs:

Have a lovely weekend and give Meg my best wishes.

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
29-06-07, 22:32
Karen hunny :hugs: Have a lovely time this weekend :flowers:

You are doing really well, keep up the good work :hugs:

Lou xxx

Karen
29-06-07, 23:48
Thanks Lisa, Lou and Happyone.

I had a good evening. It has been a good but tiring day so I'm off to bed now.

Just really scared about sleeping and that I might go wondering :eek: :eek: :ohmy:

Karen xx

kazzie
29-06-07, 23:54
Hi Karen glad you arrived safely:yesyes:

Have a good time and well done on going for dinner:yesyes:

Can you tell the others I said Hi????

Karen
30-06-07, 00:12
Thanks Kazzie. Yes, it has been a good evening.

I'll pass on your message tomorrow.

Night night :hugs:

Karen xx

Piglet
30-06-07, 11:15
Hope you had a decent nights sleep etc and the weather is somewhat better than it is here lol!!!

I'm pleased to hear the doctor has noticed how hard you've been working hun. :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Have a lovely day!

Quirky
30-06-07, 11:55
Hope you have a good day sis :hugs:

Lisa x

kazzie
30-06-07, 14:37

Hows it going???????:shrug:

Karen
30-06-07, 15:15
Thanks Lisa, Piglet and Kaz.

I have had a good time. Learned how to play pool last night and ate in the hotel with Nic, Alex, Meg and Jess - a proper meal with a dinner and fruit for pudding.

This morning I had breakfast at the hotel and have had lunch here at the conference The lunch wasn't that nice to be honest but I've eaten normally with some support and encouragement.

I will probably not be back on here today although I will try to post briefly and say I am home. It will be very late by the time I get home and I'll be tired. Catch up with you all tomorrow

Karen xx

Piglet
30-06-07, 15:49
Well done mate :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

clickaway
30-06-07, 15:57
That's good to hear:) :)

I can't play pool for the life of me (or darts for that matter).

Have a safe drive home

Piglet
30-06-07, 17:37
When I play darts I use both hands!! :yesyes:

kazzie
30-06-07, 18:08
Hope you are home safely Karen:yesyes:

Lizzie1975
30-06-07, 19:50
Well done, glad your time away was a success!! Hope you get home safely,

Lizzie xx

heths
30-06-07, 19:56
Glad you had a good time Karen :D and Well Done :yesyes:

Heather x

Karen
30-06-07, 22:01
Hi All

I'm home safely finally. It was a long drive in heavy rain most of the way and some awful traffic on the motorway. But I am safe although very tired.

Kaz - I am home now lol! I wouldn't have been when you posted as it was after 5.30 when I left Telford and it is a very long way. Just this minute got home and haven't even unpacked or anything yet.

When I play darts I use both hands!! :yesyes:
Lol Piglet! I even potted a couple of balls even if it was more luck than skill! :yesyes:

Me either Ray but it was fun anyway!

Thanks for all the messages :hugs:

Karen xx

Quirky
30-06-07, 22:40
Glad you had a lovely time and got home safely :hugs:

Lisa x

kazzie
30-06-07, 22:40
Lol Karen:D

I just left the message so it would be there when you got home:yesyes:

Glad you are back safely:yesyes:

Karen
30-06-07, 22:59
Thanks Kaz :hugs: I knew what you meant lol!

Thank you Lisa :hugs:

Karen xx

Quirky
30-06-07, 23:14
Night Karen,

Hope you sleep well :hugs:

Lisa x

kazzie
30-06-07, 23:15

Piglet
30-06-07, 23:24

Karen
30-06-07, 23:50
Thanks Piglet :hugs:

Night Kaz and Lisa :flowers:

Karen xx

Jimbo
01-07-07, 11:57
Hey Karen, :hugs:

So glad things seem to be going well again for you. :yesyes:

Under~The~Stars
01-07-07, 13:23

Glad you had a good time at the conference :flowers:

Hope you are having another good day :hugs:

Take care,

Lou xxx

Karen
01-07-07, 14:29
Thanks Jim and Louise.

Karen

Quirky
01-07-07, 23:12
Hi Karen,

Hope you're ok and had a good day today. I expect you needed some rest though so hope you got some.

Night night and have a good day tomorrow :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
01-07-07, 23:33
Night Night sis :hugs:

Karen xx

Karen
01-07-07, 23:34
Night Night sis :hugs:

Karen xx

Quirky
01-07-07, 23:35
Sleep well :hugs:

Lisa x

Piglet
02-07-07, 11:11
Just checking in to say good morning. :yesyes:

bluesparkle
02-07-07, 11:19
hi karen...
what a really cool thread... and what good news that you are doing so well.
glad you made it to the conferance.
i hope you are having a good day.
i am on holiday from work this week then off to hospital saturday so have got two more weeks sick leave so hopefully i will be able to get on here a bit more... i do miss not catching up with people on here.
am looking forward to the dorset meet up later in the year, hope you are coming be good to meet you, i have just been looking around on here and realise i have been a member for ages now...
anyway i just wanted to say well done you...
take care
rach

Paddington
02-07-07, 12:38
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxx

Quirky
02-07-07, 13:28
Afternoon Karen,

Hope you're having a good day :hugs:

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
02-07-07, 16:37

Hows things? Hope you are having a good day :flowers:

Take care,

Lou xxx

Piglet
02-07-07, 17:13
Forget to say how pretty you looked in that silver top by the way!! :yesyes:

Karen
02-07-07, 18:16
Hi All

Thanks Lisa, Paddie and Lou :hugs:

Piglet - Hi hon :hugs: I don't like that picture. I don't like pictures of myself particularly now I have gained weight. It's not me at all.

Rach - Hope you are enjoying your time off this week. It would be lovely to meet you if the meet up in Dorset goes ahead.

Well, I am tired and feeling a bit under the weather today and have a bit of a cough. I think I am over tired as I don't sleep well and when I do sleep I have these sleep walking episides. It happened again last night because things had been moved when I got up this morning.

I also tripped over and fell to the floor earlier in the night - that bit I do remember - and I am now covered in bruises. I was trying to put obstacles in my way for when I got up. It obviously didn't stop me though :lac:

I wish I knew how to make this stop :shrug:

Karen xx

Under~The~Stars
02-07-07, 19:00
When do you next see your doc hun so you can discuss your sleeping problems with her? :hugs:

I'm sorry you fell last night, I hope you start to feel better soon :hugs:

Take care,

Lou xxx

stargazer
02-07-07, 20:08
Hello Karen

Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow sorry about the end of the evening but eldest cherub was just so manic it got to me worked putting her outside she came in and took three deep breaths, really cute, don't know how I didn't smile.:blush:

sorry you don't feel well, feel like I'm not helping. Think you should go with the gate idea, its a bit of a worry with you falling over:shrug:

Do apologise once again.

Jac
xxxx:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: As I never gave you a hug before you went today.

Would you like to stay over here when we go away, if not then I'll ask my sister to look after dizzy.:winks: :flowers: :wub:

kazzie
02-07-07, 20:12
Just saying Hi Karen:flowers:

Hope you are having a nice evening

Karen
02-07-07, 20:26
Thanks All.

Jac - It's not your fault that I don't feel too well today hon. It's just one of those things and think I've picked up a slight cough. You are helping me far more than you could ever know :hugs: :hugs:

Biggest cherub is a monkey isn't she lol? I've got the painting she did me on my fridge. She is adorable really :hugs:

I'll talk with you tomorrow about staying there while you are away and can look after Dizzy anyway.

Hope you have a peaceful evening and see you in the morning :flowers:

Karen xx

Karen
02-07-07, 21:31
Anyone got any tips for a nose bleed that won't stop???

Karen xx

Karen
02-07-07, 21:43
Thanks for replying Lolly.

It's been bleeding to varying extents all evening. I think it is easing up but as soon as I move or look downwards it starts again, and then it pours - both out my nose and down the back of my throat and out my mouth.

I'm tired and just want it to stop so I can get to sleep.

Karen xx

Quirky
02-07-07, 22:30
Hi Karen,

Sorry you're feeling under the weather and had a fall :hugs: Do hope you feel better soon. Sorry not sure what to suggest with nosebleeds, some people say lean forward and some say lean back but I don't know what is right really, it may say on the NHS website - I'm tempted to google it for you but know I'd better not as who knows where it may lead! Sorry. If it continues though have a look or/and phone them up. I do hope you're ok :hugs:

Lisa x

Piglet
02-07-07, 23:11
I'm the same as the others in that we get told one way then another - I always thought you leaned slightly forward pinching just under the bridge of the nose and also something about cooling your wrists and back of the neck with cold water.

Why not give the NHs direct a ring as they will give you the absolute proper way.

Karen
02-07-07, 23:15
Thanks Lolly, Lisa and Piglet.

It has stopped fro now but I'll look on the website if it restarts again.

Karen xx

Quirky
02-07-07, 23:18
Glad it's stopped :yesyes:

Night sis, hope you have a better night and sleep ok :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
02-07-07, 23:21
Night Lisa :hugs:

Karen xx

Under~The~Stars
03-07-07, 10:49

Sorry about your nose bleeding last night, it can be so annoying eh! Glad it stopped eventually :hugs:

Hope you slept ok last night, and have a good day :flowers:

Lou xxx

Piglet
03-07-07, 12:22
How ya doing today button?

Karen
03-07-07, 18:04
Thanks Lou. The worst of the nose bleeds are over I think although I've had it a bit today.

Piglet - I'm fine thanks apart from a nasty cough.

Karen xx

Quirky
03-07-07, 22:56
Hi Karen,

Hope the nosebleeds and cough have settled now and that you managed to have a good day :hugs:

Thinking of you,

Lisa x

Piglet
03-07-07, 23:06
Night hun.:hugs:

kazzie
03-07-07, 23:31
:hugs: For you Karen

Karen
04-07-07, 00:42
Thanks Guys :hugs:

I am having trouble sleeping due to my cough and sore throat. I'm also having nose bleeds again tonight.

Night all.

Karen xx

Piglet
04-07-07, 09:46
Oooh flippin nose bleeds hun - what's setting those off do you think???

Hope you got some sleep.

Quirky
04-07-07, 11:42
Hi Karen,

Hope you got some sleep in the end and that those nasty nosebleeds have stopped :hugs: Hope you feel better today :flowers:

Thinking of you,

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
04-07-07, 11:56
Hi Karen :hugs:

Sorry about those nosebleeds! So annoying eh! :mad: I hope they stop soon for you, what do you think is causing them?

I hope you got some sleep last night, and are feeling a bit better today? :flowers:

Take care,

Lou xxx

Karen
04-07-07, 18:50
Thanks Piglet, Lou and Lisa.

I have a cough and a bit of a virus really. It's not a cold as such just the cough part and every night for the past few days I've had these nose bleeds.

Karen xx

Karen
04-07-07, 22:01
Night all.

Karen xx

Piglet
04-07-07, 22:16
Night hun.

Quirky
04-07-07, 22:24
Night Karen,

Hope you've had a good day and have a better night tonight :hugs:

Lisa x

kazzie
04-07-07, 22:41
Night Karen :flowers:

Under~The~Stars
05-07-07, 08:55
Karen :hugs:

Replied on your birthday thread :D But just want to say that I hope you have a really lovely day today, you deserve to :hugs:

If you are up at the docs tomorrow, maybe mention the nose bleeds and cough etc and see what they say?

Hope you are ok today, take care :flowers:

Lou xxx

Piglet
05-07-07, 09:48
Hello twinkle,

Any plans for today??:shades:

Quirky
05-07-07, 11:06
Morning Birthday Girl :D

Hope you're having a lovely day :flowers:

Lisa x

Karen
05-07-07, 19:04
Hi and thanks for the good wishes :flowers:

Karen xx

Piglet
05-07-07, 22:01
Did you get my text hun about Cagney and Lacey being on Graham Norton tonight now on BBC2???:yesyes:

Quirky
05-07-07, 22:33
Night Karen,

Hope you've had a good day sis :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
05-07-07, 22:34
Did you get my text hun about Cagney and Lacey being on Graham Norton tonight now on BBC2???:yesyes:

No I didn't and I've only just read this so I missed it. I'd have liked to see that as well. Thanks for trying to tell me. :flowers:

Night all :hugs:

Karen xx

clickaway
05-07-07, 23:40
Karen,

That programme is repeated on Sunday at 11pm BBC2. It's the uncut version :ohmy:

Karen
06-07-07, 00:11
Thanks for that Ray - you are a life saver!! :yesyes:

I didn't notice as I never watch that show but it will be worth it to see Cagney and Lacey.

Night.

Karen x

Piglet
06-07-07, 11:15
Ahh that's good then - I don't watch it either mate but the names leapt up at me out of the TVChoice and I thought I know a little person who will want to see that! :yesyes: Texts can be so unreliable can't they!!!

Thanks Ray hun! :hugs:

Quirky
06-07-07, 11:48
Morning Karen,

Hope you're ok and having a good day :hugs:

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
06-07-07, 19:41
Hi Karen :hugs:

How are you doing today? Did you see your doctor today?

Take care :flowers:

Lou xxx

kazzie
06-07-07, 19:58
Have a good weekend Karen x x x:flowers:

Karen
07-07-07, 01:35
Hi All

Sorry not to post sooner but it's been a rather busy day here today.

Piglet - You are so right about technology letting us down at times. I wonder what happens to lost texts :shrug: How are you and the Piglets?

Ray - Thanks again. I've set my DVD to record it as I am usually in bed by then. I might want to watch it a couple of times too. I expect they are promoting the release of the first series on DVD and about time too!

Thanks Kaz and Lisa.

Thank you Louise. Yes I did see my doctor today, then had to go to the hospital for special blood tests that couldn't be done at the surgery and then had my appointment with the urology consultant. So it's been busy with appointments all day today.

I thought my cough was improving but tonight it is bad again and I can't stop coughing which is not helping me to get to sleep.

The urology appointment was anxiety provoking as I had to cope with seeing and talking to a male consultant and an examination but only of my abdoment as I had been dreading a lot more. He used some sort of scan that measures how much urine is in the bladder. He said I had 300mls and asked whether I felt uncomfortable and needed to go to the loo. I said yes and that's the problem I have. So 300 mls much be a fair bit I guess. The bladder problem has been giving me trouble all week.

He said it could be something called Fowler's syndrome - and I haven't googled yet. You don't even want to know what he wants me to do next :ohmy: Lets just say it will be impossible for me I think as I cannot cope with things like that :blush:

Apart from that I've been doing my CBT homework and also thinking of new ways to stop this sleep eating, well mainly to stop being able to leave my flat to get food.

Just off to bed now and I hope I sleep through tonight without sleepwalking or sleep eating.

Night all :hugs:

Karen xx

Jimbo
07-07-07, 11:29
Hey Karen,

Well done for managing all those appointments. :yesyes:

I'm glad you're getting some tests done for the bladder problems, I've had my fair share and they're awful, it can be so emarassing sometimes. I don't know anything about Fowler's syndrome but I hope they manage to work out what's up and get it sorted. I know a lot of my problems were exacerbated by meds, I wonder if you had talked about that with your doc?

I used to sleepwalk as a child and still occasionally wake up falling out of bed or something. I'm told I'm a sleep talker as well but I never rember it.:blush: I find it's worse when the weather is hot for some reason. :shrug: I remember people talking about having solid floors or lino instead of carpet by your bed as the cold floor can help wake you up if you get up.

Hope your cough gets better soon. Have a good weekend.

Quirky
07-07-07, 22:22
Hi Karen,

Hope you're well and had a good day :hugs:

Well done for managing the appts, especially the urology one :hugs: If it is Fowler's syndrome can they do anything to cure it?

Night night,

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
07-07-07, 22:57
wow you really did have a busy day yesterday! Have some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Well done for managing all that :flowers:

I hope you feel better soon, and hope you have been sleeping ok, and that cough hasn't been too distressing :hugs:

Take care, thinking of you :flowers:

Lou xxx

Karen
07-07-07, 23:45
Thanks Jim and Lisa.

Jim - Sleepwalking is the biggest worry for me at the moment as I go to bed every night not knowing what I'm going to do in my sleep next :wacko:

I googled about Fowler's syndrome but am none the wiser as it was all too medical.

Lisa - I don't know if there is a cure or whether it is something I have to learn to manage.

Today has been ok although I've not been feeling too well. I spent this evening doing my CBT homework.

Karen xx

Karen
07-07-07, 23:46
Thanks Lou :hugs:

Karen xx

Karen
08-07-07, 13:58
Just saying hi for today

Karen xx

Piglet
08-07-07, 18:00
Hello pumpkin :hugs:

Don't forget to set you recorder for Graham Norton tonight then you don't miss your favs!!

Karen
08-07-07, 22:26
Thanks Piglet :flowers: I haven't forgotten this time!

Karen xx

Under~The~Stars
08-07-07, 23:49
Just popping by to say night night :hugs:

Hope you have had a good day :flowers:

Lou xxx

Quirky
08-07-07, 23:56
Hi Karen,

Hope you've had a good day sis :flowers: Also hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Night night :hugs:

Lisa x

Karen
09-07-07, 06:45
Thanks Lisa and Lou :hugs:

Yesterday was not too good a day for me but that was my fault really. Anyway, today I'm with Jac again so it will be better.

Karen xx

joy
09-07-07, 07:04
Karen

my shrink wants me to try CBT altho I'm very sceptical.Especially as dont think I have the so called negative thoughts. what is your opinion of it

Love Joy

Piglet
09-07-07, 12:10
Have a good day mate and give my best to Jac.

Quirky
09-07-07, 13:39
Hi Karen,

Hope you're having a nice day with Jac :yesyes:

Thinking of you :hugs:

Lisa x

Under~The~Stars
09-07-07, 14:46
Sorry to hear about yesterday Karen :hugs:

I hope you have a better day today :flowers:

Take care,