PDA

View Full Version : Medications that help. Any recommendations?

MarkyMark88
15-11-17, 15:22
I suffer from health anxiety and panic disorder. Within the last month I have tried zoloft and buspirone. I was on the zoloft for three weeks (I forgot the dosage, maybe 25 mg) which did not work for me. I would just get these weird heat or burning sensations on different areas of my body. Also, it was not helping me mentally. So I thought I would give buspar a try. I had read good things online and had a friend that took it for a while and she said that it worked for her with minimal side effects. I've been on that for a little over two weeks (5mg twice daily) and it has not been helping. Whenever I'm on it I have this constant feeling of lightheadedness through out the day and I still cannot shake these thoughts that I have something wrong with me health wise. Just last night I kept waking up with my stomach in knots, dizziness and heart racing. And I had also taken a clonazapam to help settle me down before I went to bed. The fact that that wasn't helping was discouraging in itself.

I hate the fact that I have these meds in my body all the time. I was very reluctant at first to take anything, especially SSRIs because of the extreme mental side effects one can have while on them. But I got to the point with my anxiety that I needed to try something to make these irrational health worries go away.

My question to the community: What's good? What medications are people taking that you can say have definitely helped you since taking whatever medication you are currently on? I personally want to stop the drugs all together. Like I said before I don't want to take pills everyday. I want to eventually find solace through therapy and natural mental exercises and remedies. But until that time, medications might be the thing that has to hold me over.

Benjammin69
15-11-17, 15:28
Hi :-) I’m no doctor so can’t recommend medication for you but I am on a few meds buspar being one of them I’m
On 15mg AM and 15mg PM augmented with 2 other antidepressants and it works a treat!! Don’t give up
On the buspar too soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkyMark88
15-11-17, 15:35
Don’t give up On the buspar too soon

How long before you noticed the buspar starting to work?

Benjammin69
15-11-17, 15:39
I tell felt dizzy etc when I first took it and a bit woozy I was on 5mg am and Pm then went straight to 15 am and 15pm it is small changes that your notice in your anxiety so slower thoughts and less worries - for me I have performance and anticipatory anxiety and what I found was less performance anxiety and me questioning why I didn’t have anxiety! Rather than thinking about the anxiety of that makes sense x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkyMark88
15-11-17, 15:49
I tell felt dizzy etc when I first took it and a bit woozy I was on 5mg am and Pm

Yeah the lightheadedness and dizziness is a big one right now for me. I hate it. It's made my fears of heart problems disappear and has now put me in a state of thinking that I have early signs of brain cancer. This is the shit I cannot shake a deal with day in and day out. I'm not a patient person either, another reason I am frustrated with these medications.

Benjammin69
15-11-17, 16:01
Problem is there isn’t a quick fix honestly there is now.. I have tried everything quick - hypnotherapy, benzo’s, anti psychotics , anti depressants ssri, snri the whole lot nothing works ‘fast’ I had my anxiety and depressive breakdown august last year and I am still searching for the medical answer but actually I am with the help of therapy realising it’s not all medical based - I ain’t preaching here but with a therapy and a decent psych you can be sorted in 6-8 weeks