PDA

View Full Version : If you have taken or do take Rescue Remedy...

ThreeBee23
20-06-07, 01:20
Give me the pros and cons to it. Do you like it? If so, why? If not, why?

honeybee
20-06-07, 10:47
pros -

no side affects...

works really well in midst of panic attack...

its natural...

especially 'amazing' for shock...

cons -

it might just be a placebo (like anything, it could just be the reasurrance of having it that makes my anxiety subside rather than the actual thing, but even if that is the case it certainly works)...

some might see it as expensive but i use my dropper bottle reguarly and ive had it for nearly 2 years so goes a long way

honeybee3939
20-06-07, 15:02
Hi

I use rescue remedy also and it does seem to help take the edge of the anxiety, i always have it in my handbag when i go out.:)

Here are some posts that you may find of interest too.:)

Rescue Remedy
Rescue Remedy - Help needed (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2298)
rescue remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2303)
Bach Rescue remedy Experience (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3967)
rescue remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5577)
Rescue Remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10781)
Rescue Remedy - my new best friend!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16798)

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Wenjoy
20-06-07, 18:13
Me too - I carry it in my handbag and have it in my desk at work and squirt 3 times on my tongue and it does calm you down, is natural and safe.
Wenjoy

bubblygirl
21-06-07, 13:52
I love the stuff always ahve it in my bag and half the time i dont need it but its good to know u have it.def worth giving a try it does seem to help.

sandbanks
21-06-07, 21:47
its great have it in my bag comes everywere with me, in fact if i run out of it i would go in a panic!!! i recommed it to everyone even if they dont suffer with anxiety, good just to de-stress and calm, noticed they advertise it on tv now.
won't do you any harm so give it a try.

ThreeBee23
21-06-07, 22:59
Thanks all, I found a health food store in my area that carries it, so next time I am in town I am going to buy some. I was thinking today if I had it I would have tried it out.

mkeeley
12-07-07, 06:44
As has been said I don't think there are really any cons others than that for me the effect is very short lived.

I use the spray as it's convenient to carry around, but when I need to use it it only works for 30 seconds or so. However that may just be me as others swear by it, nothing works for everyone unfortunately. Or it could depend on the severity of your anxiety.

Lindalou64
12-07-07, 13:34
you found it in a health food store beth? i never seen it before but should take a look when i pass a health food store.is there a special name like a brand name or just rescue remedy? thanx........linda

jo61
12-07-07, 15:48
It's branded as Bach Rescue remedy in the UK.

Lindalou64
12-07-07, 17:53
thanks jo will look into it...............linda xx

Aussie
08-08-07, 04:50
I have used it for quite a while, and found it helpful. You can use it while you are pregnant and Breastfeeding too, which i thought was great. I keep some in my car and bag just incase i feel a bit tense. Like Honeybee said, it may just be a placebo effect, but it works for me.

fizz
11-08-07, 13:17
hi
i carry rescue remedy in my bag with me at all times i think it works, try it it cant do any harm

bluebottle
11-08-07, 16:00
In my opinion its expensive and doesn't do a thing, except I'm sure there is the placebo effect.

angiebaby
11-08-07, 16:29
I bought mine ages ago but have always been too scared to try it. Lol. I have had one drop on my tongue when i first bought it but never had it since. But now i am feeling alittle better i think that next time i feel anxious i may give it a go. Keep telling myself that it is harmless and read everything about it and you can even give it to children and animals, but i have a fear of any sort of medication now, even herbal remedies. But i will definatly try it next time.xx

Greeneyed
13-08-07, 16:28
Hi Guys,

I find this absolutely useless - not even a placebo affect. I take a herbal tincture mixed for me by a qualified medical herbalist. This helps.

CarpeDiem
28-08-07, 15:19
:) Hi all :)

My mum & a couple of friends swear by it but I have tried it several times & it had no effect on the panic/anxiety whatsoever. Infact, on the last occasion it made me worse as I began to worry that the person I was interviewing would think I had been drinking (Its smells & tastes like cheap sherry!) & complain!

So thats the cons for me but it is natural & won't do you any harm so why not try it for yourself? A placebo effect is still an effect so it might help.

Hope it works for you, CarpeDiem
xxxxxx

kittykat
29-08-07, 15:19
Hi just a quick question , can you take it when you are on an anti depressant, as I quite fancy giving it a try??

belle
29-08-07, 17:55
I've used Bachs (original), then a new Super Bachs remedy with extras and also i have one which i can't recall the name of which is also by Bachs but the ingredients are for specific phobias. I find when i am up the town and i am feel breathless or my stomach feels knotted up it does definitely do "something".
I carry it everywhere, however, i've never used it Mid panic attack so i can't comment on that, i'm usually to caught up in the feelings of terror to concentrate enough to look into my bag!!!!!!!!!
Hope this helps :)

x

erialc
04-09-07, 19:51
I tried it a while ago and it didn't work for me :(

The taste was like cooking Sherry so made me feel icky, but if it works for you thats great

:) Claire

Kathyn
05-09-07, 21:56
I have often thought about trying Rescue Remedy but been too scared too - I'm worried that it will work and that I will become reliant on it or that I will have a bad reaction to it.

There is an alcohol free version available now from Ainsworths called Alcohol Free Recovery Plus Emergency Spray I use it for my pets.

Kathy