PDA

View Full Version : All signs pointing to Anxiety Ruining Something potentially good.

frazm88
15-11-17, 20:11
As the title suggests I知 struggling with my anxiety at the moment, I went on a date after finding someone on tinder recently.

Although all the signs are good that we値l go on another I find myself constantly in doubt, constantly tracking back through messages in case I致e said something wrong and so on.

Does anyone have any tips on how to control these stupid urges before I push her away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luna-Diana
17-11-17, 09:25
Hey,

I've been in your position before as well and its not easy but i found it gets better with time and going on more dates. If you have good coping mechanisms in place they will help (breathing exercises and de-catastrophising thoughts)

If you are overthinking how it might go in the long run, from my experiences i found the some relationships help you and are good for you at a certain time even if they don't work out. My first relationship after coming to terms with General Anxiety lasted about 4months. But it gave me the confidence i needed to get back out there dating wise.

Hope this helps and it goes well :)

frazm88
17-11-17, 11:13
Hey,

I've been in your position before as well and its not easy but i found it gets better with time and going on more dates. If you have good coping mechanisms in place they will help (breathing exercises and de-catastrophising thoughts)

If you are overthinking how it might go in the long run, from my experiences i found the some relationships help you and are good for you at a certain time even if they don't work out. My first relationship after coming to terms with General Anxiety lasted about 4months. But it gave me the confidence i needed to get back out there dating wise.

Hope this helps and it goes well :)

Thanks Luna,

We arranged a second date for Sunday so hopefully.

I知 glad to hear it got better for you, I really need to come up with some sort of coping mechanisms for it because currently I just sit and wait on my phone going all day, it痴 not very healthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk