PDA

View Full Version : Worried I have ovarian cancer.

Lionheartedxo
15-11-17, 23:57
I suffer with IBS but it has never really been a "huge" problem, however the past few weeks/months I've had increased bloating and distention. I look at least 4 months pregnant most days, as well as this I have bad back pains and a frequency to urinate but unable to go?

I've seen the doctor for bloating and they keep brushing it off as if it is nothing, trying to get another appointment now as these new symptoms are worrying me, I'm concerned it could be ovarian cancer or something more serious?

Anyone got any advice? :(

unicorndusy
16-11-17, 10:15
Hi there,

I just wanted to say that when I was at my most anxious my stomach bloated in the same way every single day and it didn’t matter what food I ate it always was. I found that green tea helped a lot and the bloating stopped once I had calmed down after about two or three months. I was least anxious on holiday as I was at my happiest so soon it will go I promise.

Take care

Blonde123
16-11-17, 10:33
I'm having those thoughts too lion. I know how you feel

Meriland30
16-11-17, 16:25
This sounds more like Acute Bladder Retention than ovarian cancer. Bloating, distention, constipation and/or urinary issues have a very wide array of causes. Also, ovarian cancer is relatively rare, only 1.3% of women get it, and it is especially unusual in anyone under 40 (about 9% of OC patients are under 40). Also, OC symptoms are very slight for a long period of time, when symptoms become more pronounced, they present as (predominantly) unusual period issues, pain, bloating, loss of appetite, and loss of weight without trying. Anything from constipation, hormonal changes, UTI, bladder or kidney stones, even a hernia can cause bloating and urinary issues. If it doesn't ease up, then go in for a pelvic ultrasound and a urinalysis to fix it. It is very likely NOT cancer, seriously..