PDA

View Full Version : Any help or advice really appreciated?

unicorndusy
16-11-17, 03:37
Hi everyone,

Was feeling better after worrying over nothing again and yesterday I even signed up for the gym! Me and my best friend we’re planning on going today (this morning) before college but last night and now my left upper leg has become sore and swollen! There’s no redness right now but there’s a red pinprick mark on the skin above it and a little bit or redness around that. Of course I think it’s a blood clot or something but I’ve not exercised and I know not to be stupid and go to the gym to make it worse even if it is something normal. I am beginning to worry and woke up around 10 minutes ago (currently 3am!) with worry. It’s not horrible pain more soreness only when I flex it and can walk on it fine. I’m gonna give the gym a miss today even though I was really looking forward to it and if there’s no improvement after today I’ll see the doctor Friday. Really worried though in case it is a blood clot as I feel an ache in my left arm too!:unsure:

Panicless
16-11-17, 05:11
I had thrombophlebitis which is a blood clot in the leg. It was really painful and my leg was red and very swollen. I had it for about a week before i got help. Then i just got some antibiotics and it cleared up. If you have this you would know coz its really painful and i couldnt walk on it. And the other type of blood clot, DVT, is usually after long trips where you havnt moved much.

unicorndusy
16-11-17, 06:29
I had thrombophlebitis which is a blood clot in the leg. It was really painful and my leg was red and very swollen. I had it for about a week before i got help. Then i just got some antibiotics and it cleared up. If you have this you would know coz its really painful and i couldnt walk on it. And the other type of blood clot, DVT, is usually after long trips where you havnt moved much.

Thanks so much for the reply, I greatly appreciate it. Luckily my leg is not red and it is still swollen but it feels like the muscle is inflamed. I’m sorry to hear what you went through, if it does go red or doesn’t heal up I’ll go see the doctor and thanks for the re assurance! Have a great day :)

Chick100
16-11-17, 07:34
Hi everyone,

Was feeling better after worrying over nothing again and yesterday I even signed up for the gym! Me and my best friend we’re planning on going today (this morning) before college but last night and now my left upper leg has become sore and swollen! There’s no redness right now but there’s a red pinprick mark on the skin above it and a little bit or redness around that. Of course I think it’s a blood clot or something but I’ve not exercised and I know not to be stupid and go to the gym to make it worse even if it is something normal. I am beginning to worry and woke up around 10 minutes ago (currently 3am!) with worry. It’s not horrible pain more soreness only when I flex it and can walk on it fine. I’m gonna give the gym a miss today even though I was really looking forward to it and if there’s no improvement after today I’ll see the doctor Friday. Really worried though in case it is a blood clot as I feel an ache in my left arm too!:unsure:

Hi.
It sounds more like an insect bite to me love. I get that with mozzie and midge bites and the whole area around the pinprick mark can swell up a lot and be very itchy, hard and sometimes Sore. Sometimes all 3 things sometimes not. ope this helps you stop worrying about somethings thats probably just a reaction to an insect bite. xx :hugs:

unicorndusy
16-11-17, 16:45
Thanks for the wonderful replies both, however today my leg has got any worse I am panicking that the blood clot (if there is one) is gonna suddenly strike me and it’ll be too late. The muscle on the front of my thigh feels inflamed though it’s not hot to the touch which is a good sign I suppose. I’m going to the gym tomorrow and if anything sinister happens I’m gonna see the doctor. So much worry for me though!