PDA

View Full Version : Painful smear, im worry she didn't she get a enought cells?

ashleep
16-11-17, 08:51
So i got a cervical smear today, and omg it hurt so bad when she opened the stirrups ( the plastic thing they use to open you up ) normal its really painful but i can push thought it.
but today i was like f word to her ( she was a fine that i said that btw wish i didnt tho) i told her this is the most painful thing ever.
But now im scared she might not got enough cells because i was in so much pain she did it in a hurry , wish i just didn't say anything least i knew it would have being done right

Should i ring them to see, if she got enough?
or go somewhere else and just get it done again for piece of mind because otherwise i am going to wait 3 years till my next one
Or would she have told me, she didn't at the time?

Ahh this so stressful, why do i have to get pain when i get opened up, and waiting for result is so stressful for me because i cant enjoy anything, its all i can thing about

vegetabletarian
16-11-17, 09:08
Hello, I know certainly in the uk one of the results possible is an insufficient sample. If this is the case they will recall you as soon as they know this (usually within 8 weeks) to repeat the smear. If your smear comes back with a result other than this then they have got enough cells.
Hope this helps!

ashleep
16-11-17, 09:15
oh cool thanks, yeah so if they didn't get enough cells they will tell me because they cant do the test.
so i don't need to worry about that now, just the results
Thank you

Leslie735
16-11-17, 13:40
If there isn't enough cells they will have you come back in to repeat the test. That happened to me many years ago. About a week after I had it done I received a call I needed to go back into the office for a repeat test. I was a mess waiting for it because I was scared it meant something but then found out it was the doctor didn't get enough cells for testing. No big deal. Everything came back fine.

ashleep
17-11-17, 22:26
Thank you, now i am just freaking out about he results so much, i cant relax or enjoy anything. they should tell u at school that sex can cause bad stuff, because i wouldn't have gonna clubbing and done and the stupid things i did.