PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer worrys

tmckenzie-orr
16-11-17, 10:35
Hello my health anxiety is back due to being stressed out, I noticed a mole on my forearm has a black spot growing off it and it’s making me worry and now cannot focus on anything else and I’m back on the cancer worrying train, in hate this and have been so good with health anxiety till now,

This is my picture I know it’s tiny but hate it :(

https://ibb.co/gXmhq6

Gary A
16-11-17, 11:27
Doesn’t look like anything to worry about given the size of it, but if you are concerned then I can only advise you to see a doctor for a definitive answer. Generally nothing under 6mm in diameter is any cause for concern.

KK77
16-11-17, 11:47
That's too insignificant to be of any real concern in my view, but go to your GP if it gets any bigger or changes in appearance.

I think it's more important to focus on not letting your anxiety spiral out of control.

tmckenzie-orr
16-11-17, 12:59
I know ita absolutely tiny the black spot, and I know where I am under stresss and worry I just don’t want to keep obsessing about moles like i used too when my health anxiety was at a major peek going doctors every other week etc, I will observe it for any changes hopefully will be fine, just worry about What If lol damn

tmckenzie-orr
16-11-17, 17:59
The worse thing about health anxiety is the obsession it gives you , I am finding myself looking at this mole over and over and over checking google looking at pics assessing it 10 x over thinking what if it’s something bad , what if it’s not gonna change and grow deep down into my body and I’ll have to fight and lose my life and family etc it’s all so scary then I try rationalise things and think hey it could of been there for ages and it’s so so small you have took 100 pics so give it 2-3 weeeks see if any change if no change give it another 2-3 weeks and try not obsess damn it’s hard don’t know how I managed to make my health anxiety dormant for so many years without worry then bang I’m stressed worry and now wanting to drink alcohol but I know alcohol is ok at the time next day double paranoia kicks in ,

darkside4k
16-11-17, 22:01
The smallest melanoma ever diagnosed was 1.6mm, so you would set a new record if that was melanoma. Doesn't look concerning to me. My dermatologist barely even looks at spots that small. Just keep an eye on it and see if it changes.

tmckenzie-orr
16-11-17, 22:20
Thank you , that does make me feel better just I worry that where the little black spot is joining onto the skin coloured spot that’s all , I will keep a eye on it it really does help getting reassurance As I said I didn’t want to go doctors and get back into the routine of it again I’d rather try and think sensible and seak reassurance from people which is also bad but suppose not so bad if I leave it there and just check it again in 2-3 weeks many thanks

tmckenzie-orr
17-11-17, 13:35
https://ibb.co/bQd6k6 , going to try not think of this now will check it and measure again in exactly 2 weeks at the moment the whole mole is 4mm and the black takes up 0.9mm of it so hopefully doesn’t change and can get out of this rutt thank you guys for he kind words GOOgle is evil

CaliSurfGirl89
25-11-17, 16:47
Did you get it checked out?

tmckenzie-orr
25-11-17, 18:05
Hello no I didn’t , I took pics and measured and check once a week see if any change at 4mm the whole area and 1mm of that being the black spot don’t think it warrants checking it out unless it changes at all whys that?